Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 12:40:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things I couldn't have known
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Am I the Cause of Borderline Personality Disorder?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
I think it's Borderline Personality Disorder, but how can I know?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daughter's 'turn'  (Read 479 times)
wideawakemum

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Married

« on: March 10, 2014, 05:39:24 PM »

My daughter (14) who has BPD this evening had a turn where she became so angry at me she had an outburst where she screamed at me in a 'demonic like' voice which scared the crap out of me ... . But then, when I calmed down and challenged her over it, she claimed no knowledge of doing it which seemed quite genuine. Has anyone else had any experince of something similar?

Thanks
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
theplotthickens

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 10:12:03 PM »

Yes, if my dd gets extremely rageful, she claims to forget what she said during it.  I do think they just get so angry they black out. 
jellibeans

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 11:35:27 PM »

My dd16 in the past has kicked me and punched me... . she has no memory of it... I think under extreme stress she really doesn't remember what she does. Trying to video tape her only gets her angry. What I really think is going on is that my dd cannot accept what she has done and she blocks it from her memory.

My dd has had some other odd behaviors too... . one evening she ran into my room convinced there was something in her room... . a white light... . ghost... . she shook and cried terrified for a very long time... . it was hard to convince her to even look up at me because she was so scared... .

Another time she told me she saw her dead gramma in her room... . and at school... . just seemed to turn her head and out of the corner of her eye she saw her... .

How to explain all this? I am not sure... . but usually at these times she was under a great deal of stress. We have actually gone a very long time without a weird incident but when they happen they are distrubing.
sadandscared

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 06:00:41 AM »

our daughter has done the same things where she has really lost it and then claims to not even remember what she said or did. I usually think she's just saying that to not have to take responsibility for her actions but maybe she does actually black out. One time she went to the high school library and hit a girl and screamed all kinds of swear words ect. Because my daughter seen her talking to her boyfriend. When I took her to the library to apologize to the librarian she claimed that she didn't even remember going to the library. There have been other situations like this but usually just at our home.
raytamtay3

Relationship status: Married - 1 year - 2nd marriage

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 12:26:37 PM »

My DD too claims she forgets things said or done during a rage. She has also had episodes in the past where she would move something of hers and blame us for moving it. Like for instance she had this IPOD that she brought down to the basement. Days later she went looking for it and raged at me for moving it. Another time she took ice cream out of the freezer and left it on the counter and relentlessly claimed she did not put it there. Scarey. But a demon like voice trumps this! Yikes!
crumblingdad

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 06:11:41 PM »

Yes my DD has had numerous rages where she seems to have legitimately no idea what I'm talking about after the fact.  When we did our intervention she tried jumping out both a 2nd and 3rd floor window and punched her older sister repeatedly in the face and has zero recollection of any of that.  She does remember destroying my living room during that rage but parts of it don't exist in her memory at all.  She has had a few other rages where she just only remembers certain bits and pieces and won't remember other parts of it.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest