Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 28, 2024, 06:32:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't ignore
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Why We Struggle in Our Relationships
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worse seems to come in cycles per month?..Or just way it seems?  (Read 404 times)
wilsonian

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: married

« on: May 09, 2014, 12:32:26 PM »

Hello all... just doing my daily reading of the post to make my self realize I am not alone in this world dealing with my BPD wife... . Got a question which maybe nothing at all but with my wife it sure seems like different times of the month are worse with more verbal attacks... misunderstanding and rage and throwing things or am I just lucky by draw that the 5th till 11th of each month is personal heck for me... ?javascript:void(0);... . Anyway thank you for all who post and all the awesome info on this board it helps me keep my sanity... . now if I can just learn not to get drawn into the drama and anger to totally avoid any confrontation my life would be much better... . I just cant walk away fast enough or close enough doors Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

maxsterling

Relationship status: living together, engaged

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 04:00:57 PM »

My GF complains of her "woman" cycle, and I think that has something to do with it.  Not just hormonally, but she's also fixated on having a baby, ashamed that she had an abortion a few years ago, so every month that goes by childless she feels shame and worthless.  Not sure if those could be issues here.

But I also think the BPD goes in cycles of it's own.  Anger and emotions build in them until they boil over, and then return to baseline.  For my GF, this is about every two weeks.

wilsonian

Relationship status: married

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 04:09:49 PM »

that maybe what it is Max... . it just seems over the past 10 months (of course first 3 months were perfect) that it seems the same time... . she almost like clockwork every three weeks it really gets bad... .
Blue Tide

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 05:37:18 PM »

Speaking as I woman here (!) I can confirm that it's pretty difficult dealing with the hormonal turmoil of 'that' time of the month, so I can only imagine that this must be doubly difficult with someone with BPD. I am aware that my uBPDh definitely goes through cycles although obviously they are not linked to certain times of the month (that said I am also aware that I can make things a lot worse when I'm going through it because he is so attuned (and dependent?) on my mood). His cycles seem to be longer - 3 months? But interspersed with smaller ups and downs.

All I can tell you that it can sometimes be very emotional (all sorts of heightened emotions - frustrated/sad/angry/irritable) as a 'normal' fairly sane of mind woman so it must be so hard to deal with if you're also BPD. At least if it happens like clockwork you have some idea of when to expect it and when you maybe need to give her some extra space?
Blue Tide

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 05:40:47 PM »

Correction… for her maybe not 'extra space' - probably more helpful would be extra support and validation? Just trying to put myself in her place Smiling (click to insert in post)
letmeout

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 08:09:09 PM »

The monthly cycle is just a good excuse for a woman's bad behavior.

My counselor said that all abusive people (includes BPDs) have cycles that run like regular clockwork. 

I had noticed it years ago, and if you look at any abusive cycle chart on the internet, you will clearly see the pattern in your BPD person too.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest