Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
June 30, 2024, 01:15:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Formflier is going to stand in front of the Landing Signal Officers  (Read 627 times)
Waddams

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Living single, dating wonderful woman now

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2014, 03:07:47 PM »

Congratz!  It's nice to hear people important to your life basically validate you and let you know they are supportive.  It makes it much easier to deal with.  I'd wondered if it would have been better for you to make the hearing public.  The evidence going public of DSS ignoring the real issue could be very powerful for you.  As said before, it's pouring gas on the fire and seeing what happens, but BPD's generally breakdown and show their dysfunction the more their pressured.

Excerpt
There's a good lesson here - one I found too - when you talk about stuff like this, more people than I expected either said, "Yeah, that happened to me too." or at least hinted at something similar.  I wasn't as alone as I thought!

This.  There is so much wrong with VAWA, right down to it's very name.  I understand the basic intent, but VAWA's implementation definitely doesn't follow the whole Congress shall make no law that favors anyone based on gender part of the Constitution. 

formflier
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2014, 03:11:40 PM »

Exactly!

And... . in situations like these... . I try to remind myself of one or two things... . to not forget.

And... . someone on this board say be succint.  Several others didn't use that words... . but said get to the point... . don't answer what you weren't asked.

So... . I kep that in mind... . got it said... . did NOT play any recordings... . but we talked... . they expressed support for me and my family,  were supportive of my job performance, expressed sorrow at what I was going through... . wished me luck.  

Again... I'm relieved... . I'm thankful.  I know this is not a a victory in a war... . but now I know where I stand with my job.  That takes a load off.

Good news!

I couldn't ask for a more supportive board.

I briefly sketched out the story.  Told them I was an open book for future inquiries.

Most of them expessed that I could call them for advice... . some hinted they had been in similar situations.

So... . this is a good thing.

Wow - congratulations!  Sounds like you handled it well.

There's a good lesson here - one I found too - when you talk about stuff like this, more people than I expected either said, "Yeah, that happened to me too." or at least hinted at something similar.  I wasn't as alone as I thought!

livednlearned
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2014, 03:13:44 PM »

Good news!

I couldn't ask for a more supportive board.

I briefly sketched out the story.  Told them I was an open book for future inquiries.

Most of them expessed that I could call them for advice... . some hinted they had been in similar situations.

So... . this is a good thing.

Wow - congratulations!  Sounds like you handled it well.

There's a good lesson here - one I found too - when you talk about stuff like this, more people than I expected either said, "Yeah, that happened to me too." or at least hinted at something similar.  I wasn't as alone as I thought!

This is true for me too. During two business trips schedule 10 days apart, N/BPDx had a major episode of... . something. Rage, alcohol, psychosis. I had to cancel the second trip because I was worried about S12's safety being home alone with his dad.

I had to tell my boss and supervisor. They moved mountains for me and have been two of my strongest supporters.

It's both sad and comforting to learn others have walked this path.

I'm glad your workplace has your back, formflier. It's important to have a calm place in the storm.

Breathe.
KateCat

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2014, 05:07:35 PM »

Terrific news!

Support from your pastor and now support from your workplace. Tremendous progress forward in a very few days.

Your parents must be quite distressed right now, but also very proud of the son they raised.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Have you mentioned any news of your wife? Do her parents communicate with your parents or anything?
Grey Kitty

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2014, 05:34:19 PM »

Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)  I'm delighted to hear something going in your favor today!

Good news!

I couldn't ask for a more supportive board!

DontPanic

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2014, 06:03:36 PM »

Hey FormFlier,

Your situation seems interesting, I do hope things work out for you. when everything was said and done in my case. we'd had 12 lawyers 3 judges... countless psychologists... and a dang partridge in a pear tree... I feel your pain

Take care!
GaGrl
Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2014, 06:38:33 PM »

Very good news... . it's amazing how much support is out there when we are open to it.

"...what's past is prologue; what to come,
In yours and my discharge."
formflier
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2014, 06:41:06 PM »

Yep... parents are worried... and a bit in the dark.  My Mom sort of was trying to get me to let her know what was going on... . and it's not that I don't trust my parents... I just didn't want to get into it.

They know I'm taking a break for a a while... . and that my wife and I have been working on things for a while.

They are both in 70s... . and my Dad is recovering from some major surgery... . it is going well... . but still... they are both not full up rounds to burned with lots of details.

It has been very nice to spend more time with them... have long dinners... . and just talk about all kinds of things.

I have not told them or anyone else that I have been in contact with my wife.  (We sporadically text... . all business... no emotion or relationship stuff) 

My parents and her parents have never been close... . they live far away... . so I would be shocked if they have talked.

I haven't heard of that happening.

Terrific news!

Support from your pastor and now support from your workplace. Tremendous progress forward in a very few days.

Your parents must be quite distressed right now, but also very proud of the son they raised.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Have you mentioned any news of your wife? Do her parents communicate with your parents or anything?

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest