Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 20, 2024, 02:51:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: taking legal action  (Read 835 times)
.cup.car

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Single

C:\Papyrus

« on: August 05, 2014, 09:33:59 AM »

As discussed in previous threads, despite my exgf and I being broken up in august of 2012, two years later she is still inappropriately contacting my friends and family to inquire about me.

She has assaulted me twice in the past - both times I did not report as I was thinking with my weiner. Her own sister has sent me a lengthy message explaining that my ex refuses any and all help for her disorder. This combination of signs is unsettling and I'm applying for a peace bond (a type of protection order) tomorrow.

What should I expect during this process? I have a 75 page binder full of her unsettling/harrassing facebook and text messages to back up my argument that she is unstable. Her attempts to contact others about me are timestamped and dated.

Is there anything I should I prepare for?
Aussie JJ

Relationship status: apart 18 months, 12 months push pull 6 months seperated properly, 4 months k own about BPD

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 09:45:19 AM »

Escalation. 
ForeverDad
Retired Staff

Relationship status: separated 2005 then divorced

You can't reason with the Voice of Unreason...

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 09:56:24 AM »

my exgf and I being broken up in august of 2012, two years later she is still inappropriately contacting my friends and family to inquire about me.

Lack of support from the court?  Some have found that their courts were reluctant to take action for what were lesser offenses.  Sometimes you have to describe it properly so they don't see it as just irritation in your life.  For example, be sure to use examples that demonstrate 'harassment' or 'stalking'.  Listing the DV too would be appropriate and may tip the scales into action but but be aware it isn't considered urgent since it was a couple years ago.  Those key words or similar ones may trigger a better response than just "she is bothering me, my family and my friends".

Have you considered first hiring a lawyer or solicitor to write her a clear letter advising her to cease and desist from intruding upon your life?  That may be enough to get her to back off.  Maybe.

Escalation or 'extinction burst' is possible, but I'm not sure, after two years, if she would make things that much worse, just hard to say either way.

.cup.car

Relationship status: Single

C:\Papyrus

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 10:06:19 AM »

I've sent a C&:) letter to her father to notify him of recent developments and explain what was happening that I wasnt cool with. He promptly blocked me. Im sure my ex has fed him a different story.

My statement to the court is already written and features everything you have said.

I expect her to cry in court and put on the damsel in distress act if it gets to that point.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest