Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 28, 2024, 03:20:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Confused about the "Parenting Board" reference  (Read 412 times)
Iamafaerie

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: August 17, 2014, 04:30:34 AM »

I read and post on Parenting a Son or Daughter suffering From BPD and there are a few recent references to posting on The Parenting Board or advising to go to The Parenting Board.

Is there another section or am I just confused and this is the only one for managing with a child (adult or young) with BPD?

Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
lever.

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 04:40:02 AM »

No there isn't another section _ I think people are just calling it the parent's board rather than typing the whole thing out, I know I have done.

I'm sorry it has caused confusion.
HealingSpirit

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Married 19 years.

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 03:45:22 PM »

Thank you for bringing this to everyone's attention!   I'm also guilty of shortening the name to the Parenting Board.

Maybe we can add (Parenting Board) to the already long name. Sorry for confusing you!
Iamafaerie

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 05:23:39 PM »

I am still confused really... .because while reading on this board, I see people writing a post and asking for advice... .then someone answers and says... ."go to the parenting board".

It's not the reference to the name of the board so much. It is that the question and the answer are already posted on the parenting board and the answer includes 'go to the parenting board.'

Maybe the stress has got to my brain in a whole  new way, but I dont get it. I have seen it said in a few responses.

Never mind, I'll have a cup of tea and let it go. Thanks guys for answering.Smiling (click to insert in post)
Rapt Reader
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: married

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 05:41:39 PM »

I think I can clear up the confusion, Iamafaerie   Being cool (click to insert in post)

When you see a post where some of the replies are encouraging the original poster to go to the Parenting Board, or the Parenting a Son or Daughter suffering from BPD Board, it's because that thread originated on the New Member Board. The thread in question will most likely have the "CD" designation on the first post, meaning "Child with BPD".

On the New Member Board (the Message Board where Newbies first post an Intro thread), Ambassadors and friendly members will go in and give guidance and comfort, and will give the New Member the information to go to this Message Board (Parenting). Sometimes that thread will be moved to this Board eventually, in order to give the original poster a jump-start onto Parenting to help them with more, and more parenting-centered, replies.

So what you are seeing is a thread with suggestions and links to this Message Board that we are now on. It can get confusing when that happens, but this is the Board that was mentioned. At one time it confused me, too 

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest