Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 09:48:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 with BPD  (Read 384 times)
Sandraleann1
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: August 24, 2014, 08:58:22 PM »

Two of my daughters have BPD as well as myself. My symptoms are mostly in "remission" these past two decades.
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 11:30:56 PM »

Hello Sandraleann1, and  Welcome

I'm glad you are reachng out for help with your daughters. You said your BPD traits are mostly in remission. Were you in treatment, or did you find ways to dampen the symptoms on your own?

It must be frustrating to see your daughters showing signs of BPD, especially since you can probably relate to their feelings.  Have they been diagnosed, or are in therapy? Are they teenagers? What do you see are your biggest struggles with them?

Turkish

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
DreamFlyer99

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: married 30+ years

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 07:48:18 PM »

Hi! 

Very cool that your BPD is mostly in remission--you must have done some hard work to get there! Currently I'm working to heal from Complex PTSD traits and it's hard and triggering.

I would love to hear more about your situation and how old your daughters are and what you're seeing in their behavior.

I hope you post more as soon as you're comfortable. Smiling (click to insert in post)

HealingSpirit

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Married 19 years.

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 08:19:01 PM »

Hello Sandraleann1,

I'd like to join Turkish and DreamFlyer99 in welcoming you to our family. Welcome

You have given me hope by posting that you are in remission from your own BPD. THANK YOU! My daughter(17) was diagnosed with BPD in May, but she showed signs of emotional dysregulation at a very early age, so her diagnosis was more of a relief than a surprise.  Though it did make me very sad, initially.

I'm impressed that you are able to STAY in remission while also dealing with 2 daughters with BPD.  I just have the one BPD daughter, and the drama she can create makes ME question my own sanity sometimes. 

Can you tell us a bit more about yourself?  What brought you here?  Are you struggling (like the rest of us parents with BPD offspring) and need support from people who understand?  My heart goes out to you with 2 BPD daughters.  My goodness!

Skip
Site Director

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 09:56:03 PM »

How are things going?

Sandraleann1
Fewer than 3 Posts

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 03:16:55 PM »

Oh my, just realized how long it was since I first posted. SO much has happened since August. Like Healing Spirit, I was more relieved than surprized by the diagnosis of BPD for my middle daughter. My eldest has a diagnosis after this. Again, not a surprize but a confirmation and certainly opened my eyes to my struggles early on in life. I had a psychiatrist insist I was bi-polar and wanted to prescribe lithium for me (I refused treatment and disengaged from this doctor.) My twenties were a mess! I truly believe God put His angels about me to protect me from all the very dangerous circumstances I placed myself in with my illness. My husband, who I met at age 29, was a stablizer, a constant for me. I think this truly helped in my case.

My middle daughter left home for a few months, in a very bad situation. She returned in November. Our home was calmer without her, but it ripped my heart out to have her gone. When she returned, she seemed to be in a better state of mind. That has quickly dissapated. She is "back" to her raging, drug use, deception, etc. My eldest daughter is doing better as she learns to manage stressors in her life and eat right. HUGE difference. She and her sisters often "go at it" which leaves my youngest daughter devastated and the household in an emotional upheavel. I realize that I have been managing them for years and the stress has taken its toll on me. But I am getting help where my daughters refuse.

My husband and I realize we may need to ask our middle daughter to move out. NEVER thought I would be speaking/typing these words!

As I recover my health, I can also "sense" those BPD tendencies creeping in... .I think for a years, I have self medicated with food and been mildly depressed. And now that I no longer "self medicate" and the depression has lifted, I am sensing my BPD rearing its head. Thankfully, I can name it now... .and seek help if necessary.
lbjnltx
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: widowed

we can all evolve into someone beautiful

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 03:31:32 PM »

Thanks for coming back and posting Sandraleann

How old are all of your girls?

lbj

BPDd-13 Residential Treatment - keep believing in miracles
livednlearned
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 12:07:05 PM »

Hi Sandraleann1,

I admire your self-awareness so much. It takes a lot to recognize what you describe, and you have also experienced a lot, not only with your own healthy, but your middle daughter leaving, then returning. Are all of your daughters in their teens?

It must be hard what you're going through with your middle daughter. You mentioned that she left, which was so hard, and then came back, which was also hard. Not only for you and your husband, but for your youngest. And now to be feeling that the middle daughter should move out. It's a lot! I can understand why you might sense the BPD tendencies creeping in.

What helps you stay so resilient with so much going on around you? It sounds stressful, but you are also getting help for yourself. That speaks volumes about you.

LnL

Breathe.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest