Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
October 05, 2024, 03:03:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where logic comes to die  (Read 385 times)
Soccerchic

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: August 26, 2014, 11:02:51 PM »

Okay. I did it. I recycled AGAIN.   He had a mini moment of clarity that I clung to like a drowning victim grasps a lifesaver. Of course the minute I believe his pretense of understanding he attacks. My teenage daughter is done with his mood swings and consistently pokes him verbally even saying why do you have to be my father?  She never cries and was crying.  Instead of showing any empathy or responding in a calm gentle manner he attacked back with I wish I wasn't your father. She later wanted to snuggle me. It was almost midnight and he still had not come to bed so I said sure.

He then creepily arose from his random floor bed I the boys room (see my previous posts about his nomadic sleeping patterns) demanding she return to bed and illogically stating I should have known he was lying on the floor with his eyes closed but was not asleep. He said that he feels like he is competing to sleep in the bed with me. What man feels like he is competing with a kid? 

I hate how he treats her. His words are so controlling and harsh  he is different when the kids aren't around. What is the best way to handle this?  How do I deal with this immaturity and emotional drama. I wish I had picked a different man to marry. I guess I wouldn't have my beautiful children.  Oh in the midst of this ridiculous that always happens late at night when I have to work he hinted that he should have killed himself. Manipulate much?
Take2

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 05:34:15 AM »

Soccerchic... .  I'm not sure I can really offer valuable advise in your situation as I'm not sure if you are trying to end the marriage or not?  But I just wanted to offer you my support. ... You're in a very tough situation and I imagine it feels like no way out.  You and your children certainly don't need to go through that.  It's heartbreaking to hear that a child hears things like that.

I'm so sorry. ... .  know we're here for you... .
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest