Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 08:59:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My dd is so dysregulated, Im so afraid for her.  (Read 915 times)
jellibeans

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2014, 09:29:18 AM »

tristesse

Have your DIL and son gone from the home? Although it must be hard to see them go I do think it is best right now. I have an older daughter that is away at college. I do think things were unsettled here at my home this past summer because she was home again. My older daughter has her act together. Always been responsible and level headed. She swim at college on a scholarhip and has an academic one too. Made the dean's list etc... .I think it is hard from my dd17... she compares herself and I think she feels badly about herself to some degree when my older daughter is around. Maybe your dd is the same way with your son and DIL?
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
tristesse

Let your Beauty Unfold.

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2014, 02:29:45 PM »

Hi Jellibeans

DS and DIL were able to stay with her parents for a few days, but they are back at y house now.

Her mother is very sick, some days she does not even get out of bed, so it was only temporary. They are looking for a place of their own. The plan was to buy my house as I was going to be moving, but it was not supposed to happen for some months yet.

DD and DIL had a conversation last night, bot apologized for the hurtful the things that were said. DD also begged for  them not to keep the baby away from her. DIL agreed that she would be allowed to hold and be around baby under supervision, she expressed concern about the raging and how she did not want her daughter exposed. DD was accepting of this, and even said she understood.

She said that if somebody had just screamed all kinds of threating things at her, she wouldn't be so quick to hand her child over either.

For now we seem to have settled into a calm, and I will take this time to recoup and regroup.

Thank you for caring, it means the world to me knowing that somebody actually cares.

jellibeans

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2014, 02:46:20 PM »

tristesse

I am glad things have settled and I think it is promising that you were all able to sit down and talk. Your dd seems really willing to listen and take ownership of what she did. I am glad your son and DIL also were able to apologize for their part. I hope now that the air is cleared everyone can go on and get along.
lever.

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2014, 03:37:15 PM »

They have all done very well tristesse and I hope things will be better now.

I am still in the fall out from a situation at Christmas when my daughter was very difficult with her sister and then thought I had taken her sister's side.

She is speaking to me to some degree now but the two sister's haven't spoken since and neither will apologize.

I was in a similar dilemma to you-I tried to re-assure my DD of my love but I couldn't agree that the behaviour towards her sister was acceptable.

They have done very very well-it is a huge step for someone with BPD to accept that they have had a part in a conflict.

I hope this gives you the opportunity to give your daughter a lot of validation now and that she feels better.

Your dil has also done very well.

I have really felt for you throughout all this as I can recognize so may elements of the situation. I hope that you have a more peaceful time for a while.
HealingSpirit

Relationship status: Married 19 years.

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2014, 12:37:57 AM »

I have really felt for you throughout all this as I can recognize so may elements of the situation. I hope that you have a more peaceful time for a while.

Ditto!  I second the motion.  If anyone deserves a break, you do!  I'm so glad your DD actually recognized her contribution to the problem.  That seems like a HUGE step forward.  I hope the trend continues.

34Westbrook

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: married

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2014, 08:51:08 AM »

I am so sorry you are going through this. If your daughter wont go on her own to the emergency room you will have to call the police. Have Strength!

SeaSprite

Relationship status: married, divorced from kids' dad

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2014, 01:45:45 PM »

Celebrating the calm with you.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest