Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 06:55:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things I couldn't have known
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Am I the Cause of Borderline Personality Disorder?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
I think it's Borderline Personality Disorder, but how can I know?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unfortunately the missing Tylenol has been found... another OD  (Read 748 times)
Elbry

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2014, 03:33:35 PM »

I have reached the point where I simply have NO trust for DD15 anymore.  NONE.  She is too good of an actress and the way she looks me right in the eye and lies... .I simply can't believe what she says. 

The P called me yesterday and caught me off guard.  He is thrilled with her progress and with how well she is doing.  So much so that he is now questioning the decision to send her to a RTC and feels like she might be ready to come home next week.    Has she wrapped yet another one around her little finger?  Or is she really truly doing that well?  Her chance of suicide is now down to a 30% chance she comes home and attempts, which is way down from 100%, but is it really?  <insert narrowed eyes>  And how do I feel about 30%?  Even 30% means she is still thinking about it, still planning. 

So we have a phone meeting for 11 Monday morning, then we will plan a family team meeting for Wednesday, and I will drive down there for that one.  Sending her to a RTC was a really tough decision.  I agonized over it.  But I made the decision months ago, that the next time she was unsafe, she was going.  And I knew this time, she was going.   And I have a sense of Peace that it is the right decision.  I am aggravated and even a little angry that I have to keep making the decision, that I am not getting as much support as I should.  We have already tried ALL the treatment available to us at home, and all of it has failed because she won't engage in treatment.  I don't know if I should listen to the professionals, or go with my gut on this. 
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
js friend

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2014, 09:56:56 PM »

I would definiitley be going with my gut on the this one Elbry. You know your dd best.Some of these professionals have no idea.

A few Years ago I took my dd for a mental health assessment. After a few sessions P dx my dd with emerging PD whereas T said dd was just trying to assert her own independence!. I knew that Ts  dx was wrong.!

... That woman did more harm than good. Dd wrote in her diary at the time about T "At least now someone now believes me that its her, not me! Smiling (click to insert in post)  Her meaning me.

That woman truly did more harm than good. dd became invincble. And her behaviour worsened.

T had no idea. I dont think she had even heard of BPD.

She hadnt  lived  with what we had been living with for years.She had no comprehension of what we had been going through... .The sleepness nights when dd had run away, raging, lies, stealing, the sexting, dd exposing herself online... .She didnt see my dd capable of doing any of that even though i was telling her... I had the proof that she had done these things. I could have brought coutless people in with these stories!... .what she saw once a  fortnight in her office was the picture my dd wanted her to see of a down trodden teenager who was controlled too much and was merely rebelling... .and she hadnt done any of those things i had mentioned she wasnt capable and refused to discuss them. she had that T well and truly wrapped round her little finger. Yep a great little actress who fooled her  T so much the T tried to even tried to sway Ps dx with her "findings".

I often wonder what this T would make of my dd now shes a 19yo single mother, 2 children under 2yo, never held a job or college place longer than 3 wks, has no friends,r/s problems, accused b/f rape then dropped charges... .Would she admit that she may have been wrong that it was more than dd simply rebelling... ..

Please.please, please... .trust your instincts on this Elbry.  If you believe this is the right RTC for your dd go with your gut. I do believe that these opportunties come up for a reason and when they do we have to seize them.
SeaSprite

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: married, divorced from kids' dad

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2014, 07:34:48 PM »

Before I ever started dealing with these issues with my d16, I'd heard the stories about my h and his ex- my first exposure to this illness. If my h wasn't such a generally honest and non-dramatic guy, and I hadn't seen some of the exes emails (and later been on the receiving end of her drama) myself, I might have thought my h was being a stereotypical guy with the old "my ex is crazy" line.

My h went to counseling for years on his own, to deal with her stuff. They tried couples therapy, but she would fire the counselor if there was any hint that any of their problems were hers. It would go like this: They talk for an hour about h's problems and strategies for him to be a better husband. If none of her stuff came up, she would say "There must be things about me you want to change, why don't you ever talk about those, don't you care?" If the T made any suggestions for that she might want to look t her own behaviors, she was out of there, the T was terrible and incompetent.

I liked my d's counselor, she wasn't terrible, and she probably helped keep my d from suicide at some points. On the other hand, my d did have her totally snowed about a lot of things, they kept deciding together that she didn't need counseling, that she would be "on call" because my d was doing so well. No matter how many times I'd say, look, she needs skills she can only work on when she's not in crisis, so she can learn how to deal with the NEXT crisis. Because there WILL be one. But... .nope.

Long way of trying to be supportive and say that you should trust yourself. BPD means having an unstable sense of self and a strong urge to protect from perceived threats of rejection or abandonment. Makes them REALLY good at creating a make-believe reality for others.

My d... .I'm shaking my head right now. She can look SOO normal. And then she can fall apart so drastically, all in the space of hours. Or minutes.

No matter how much I want to trust the "she looks ok now"... .it doesn't last. Or, it hasn't yet. Maybe someday. Trust your gut!  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest