Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
June 03, 2024, 11:43:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a safe place to vent.  (Read 352 times)
ReluctantSurvivor

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: December 07, 2014, 05:00:47 PM »

You go to bat for someone in their darkest hour.  You put every bit of your resources into providing for their needs.  In return, they use you, extract every last drop of life from you and when the well runs dry - they self destruct and move on to a new host.  Some people are ___, not because they do ___ty things - they are ___ because they do ___ty things over and over.  They do this fully aware and refuse to take the steps necessary to change the behaviors that hurt others.   The worst part is their ability to appear as a decent person at first.  They keep the mask on long enough to get into your keep, and then the looting begins.

Angry obsessive thoughts about another weaken your state of mind and well being. If you must have revenge, then take it by choosing to be happy and let them go forever.
― Gary Hopkins
Hope0807

Relationship status: Divorcing & Living Apart

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 05:06:03 PM »

Did you not want a reply to this?  Forgive me if that's the case.  Your words were/are mine.  I hope you find peace.  I am not healed, but am definitely grateful for the much more peaceful space I find myself in…and I've only arrived there after seeking explanation beyond the "BPD" label.  I now have those answers that bring me peace. 

You go to bat for someone in their darkest hour.  You put every bit of your resources into providing for their needs.  In return, they use you, extract every last drop of life from you and when the well runs dry - they self destruct and move on to a new host.  Some people are, not because they doty things - they are because they doty things over and over.  They do this fully aware and refuse to take the steps necessary to change the behaviors that hurt others.   The worst part is their ability to appear as a decent person at first.  They keep the mask on long enough to get into your keep, and then the looting begins.

ReluctantSurvivor

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 06:25:06 PM »

Oh replies are fine.  I just needed to let this out before it ended up somewhere awkward like facebook.  I am healing too but sometimes I get hit by a wave.

Angry obsessive thoughts about another weaken your state of mind and well being. If you must have revenge, then take it by choosing to be happy and let them go forever.
― Gary Hopkins
Hope0807

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 06:29:37 PM »

Just realized how counter-intuitive to PD survivors your ending quote is:  "If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don't, they never were."

My hope is for all PDs to NEVER return to those they have victimized and that for the survivors to find the strength to boot them far away if they do:)

Oh replies are fine.  I just needed to let this out before it ended up somewhere awkward like facebook.  I am healing too but sometimes I get hit by a wave.

ReluctantSurvivor

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 06:51:11 PM »

Very good point about the quote.  I think that quote might apply to people capable of love.  I put it there when I was still in a denial-bargaining stage of grieving. From what I have seen out of my dBPDxgf, she is incapable of love.  She abandoned her own son when he was 4 because the custody fight was too much work.

― Gary Hopkins
Hope0807

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 09:53:30 PM »

Not surprising at all.

Very good point about the quote.  I think that quote might apply to people capable of love.  I put it there when I was still in a denial-bargaining stage of grieving. From what I have seen out of my dBPDxgf, she is incapable of love.  She abandoned her own son when he was 4 because the custody fight was too much work.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest