Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
June 10, 2024, 03:13:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What a difference  (Read 392 times)
Winifred

« on: January 23, 2015, 08:44:24 PM »

Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble figuring out how to post a new message, so I'm throwing this out here hoping that it will reach people who might want to see it. When I was last on this site, I and my husband were facing the possibility that we might have to adopt our 18 month old granddaughter and begin raising her in our late 60's. Our daughter had jumped off a second story balcony to escape her extremely violent boyfriend (also father of our grandchild) who was threatening to kill her. CPS placed our grandchild with us, and our daughter spent 3 months in a nursing home and is still recovering from her injuries, although she is able to care for her daughter. At some point in those desperate months last year, she hit bottom when she fully realized she might lose her daughter for good. That's when she started going to therapy consistently and working the hard program that might get her daughter back. Long story short, two weeks ago CPS allowed the baby (now a toddler) to return to her mother's care full time. If all goes well (and we think it will), she will regain legal custody of her daughter in April. This is an amazing success story that we could not have imagined just a year ago on January 24 when we got that call that our daughter was in the hospital and the baby in the care of CPS. Thank you to moderators and members of bpdfamily for the encouraging words and empathetic messages, always there when I needed them the most! You really made a difference in our family!
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Rapt Reader
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: married

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 06:16:32 PM »

I do remember your story from last year, Winifred, and I'm so very happy to hear the good news!

We love Success Stories on this Board, and it's great that your daughter realized that she needed help, got the help and stuck with it. That is not only remarkable and wonderful for her, your granddaughter, and your whole family, but it is a good reminder to the other parents on this Board that when things look their worst there is always the chance that they can turn around. Having hope is not naïve, and lots of times it is fruitful... .

Thank you so much for updating us, Winifred 

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest