Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 05:18:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newest dilemma  (Read 384 times)
understandnow

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Inlaw

« on: August 19, 2015, 11:52:28 AM »

My uBPD son with narcistic traits has a child I am extremely involved with.  He is being investigated for domestic and sexual molestation.  Her mother is  going to court for an emergency exparte to change his visitation.  My husband and I both agree she needs one because we have witnessed emotional abuse and my granddaughter told us of a domestic violence issue.  she is 12 and was about 10 at the time.   The dilemma is my husband offered to take her and pay for it without agreement from me.  I know she will want me to testify on her behalf.  I know the best thing for the child is supervised visitation but that will be the end to my son's relationship with us because he will see it as betrayal on our part.  Can anyone give suggestions?  On anyone have experience in this matter?
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
twojaybirds

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 04:29:51 PM »

wow I am sorry you are I the position.

There are those times we must make decision that are extremely difficult.   If you believe supervised visits are important your grandchild I would recommend that is asked.  Do not make it about your son , but about the grandchild. 

I do not know but perhaps you could meet with the judge or  whomever in private avoiding a public testimony.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

Judy
meantcorn34

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 12:53:27 AM »

I'm so sorry you're in such a difficult position. I think your grandchild 's wellbeing has to be the most important thing. If you don't act and your son molests her, how would you feel? Changing visitation while the situation gets sorted out is necessary and will protect your son from further allegations.

Best of luck to you.
understandnow

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Inlaw

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 07:36:41 AM »

The molestation supposedly happened 12 yrs ago to my granddaughters half sister when he was living with his ex.  The issue of domestic violence and emotional abuse is what I am more worried about.  She was 12 in April.  She is so fearful of my Dil who has threatened her emotionally on so many different occasion.  My grand daughter has told me on so many occasions and pleaded me not to tell them because she will be in trouble.

Talking to a judge in private is a great idea.  Has anyone done this and is it possible?
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest