Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 28, 2024, 11:05:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: D30 Once Again Cutting Us Off From Our Grandchildren ~  (Read 409 times)
Rowan
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Married for 35 years

« on: October 10, 2015, 01:05:44 PM »

*?I don't know where to start?
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
enlighten me

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 01:22:40 PM »

Hi Rowan

Welcome to the family.

How about starting with what your comfortable with. Who is it in your life that has lead you to be here and what is the status of your relationship?

If your not comfortable with posting anything then there are a lot of lessons here that might be of use.

If you look at the boards and then click on the one that's appropriate to you then you will see at the top lessons and articles.

Its also worthwhile to have a read through some posts. What surprised me the most is how many peoples experiences where almost identical to mine.

EM

Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2014; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 10:53:32 PM »

Hello Rowan,

I'd like to joing enlighten me in welcoming you to the board:

Welcome

I hope you don't mind, but I've copied the story you wrote in your profile to give us an idea of what brought you here:

Quote from: Rowan
My daughter, (30) at the moment has decided that I am cut out of her life, quite complicated, she has two little girls, one 7 and one 3 and a half, she is currently with the father of the youngest one, my oldest gran daughter through circumstances linked to my daughters illness has seen so much, but ultimately I always am there for her, I was there when she was born and we have developed a very,very close bond, mum knows this and when things go wrong she gives me the silent treatment and cuts off our visits (gran daughter has been through so much) very grown up, she wants to live here, daughters partner has managed to isolate my daughter to the point were no one visits their home.

This is tough stuff Rowan. Is your daughter diagnosed or in treatment? The partner sounds like he may have BPD, NPD, or something going on as well. What specific incident this time has resulted in your daughter cutting you off? Hope to hear more and how best we can support you Rowan. We have a lot of members here who can relate to your stuggles (with children with BPD, or who have spouses and partners with BPD) who can support you.

Turkish

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
AVR1962

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 12:18:18 PM »

This hurts, I do understand your frustration and pain. We too have been cut off from grand children. Sad thing is I know that my daughter has told her children some very hateful things about me so they won't desire to be close to me. Sad sad sad. There's not a thing I can do about it either. I keep praying that the truth will be known. I have had to realize as long as my daughter has hard feelings for me there will never be a change either. She has to figure this out for herself.
lbjnltx
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: widowed

we can all evolve into someone beautiful

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 08:26:13 PM »

This is not the first time  :'(... .how long were you kept away from your grandkids in the past? 

What led to this?  Do you know? 

lbj

BPDd-13 Residential Treatment - keep believing in miracles
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest