Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 05:50:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is her contacting police enough for her not to come back  (Read 413 times)
Seamy616

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: January 22, 2016, 02:57:13 AM »

After nearly three years she left contacted the police so that I would stop contacting her and changed her phone number... ! She left before nd came back once for three months but mostly for a few days... ! This time I've been made to look like the abuser but does this mean that she's not going to come back anymore... !
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

cosmonaut

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 05:11:34 AM »

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about this, Seamy.  That must hurt terribly to be so coldly shut out and then falsely accused like this.  I'm sorry, man.  These relationships can be immensely painful sometimes.

As you know, pwBPD can split us.  We are sometimes split white where we are the greatest person in the world, and times when we are split black and we are the worst person in the world.  This is one of the common coping mechanisms of the disorder.  It's a way for pwBPD to seal themselves off from the agonizing pain of loss (you are a horrible person so I don't miss you), and to externalize tremendous shame by making it someone else's fault.  That might well be what is going on here with your partner.  When the emotions have cooled and your partner is closer to baseline emotionally, she may stop the splitting.   It's hard to know how long that might take, however.

The important thing right now is to protect yourself.  If the police are involved, you must take it seriously no matter how unfair you feel her charges are.  For now, let her go.  If she contacts you in the future, you can see what happens.  In the meantime, try and take good care of yourself.  This is a very difficult experience - it has been for all of us.  We understand.  So, right now take good care of you.   Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
livednlearned
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 06:54:58 PM »

Hi Seamy,

Any word from her? How did things go with the police, and did she try to get a restraining order or protective order against you?

How were the two of you doing before she left?

LnL

Breathe.
Seamy616

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 07:55:01 AM »

Ya sure enuf she contacted me wen she had no one else even cut her wrists before ringing me... .I got yelled nd guilt tripped for it before telling me dat she wasn't sorry for the police day I creeped her out... ! We were grand for a week until I was going out with a friend for an hour and it became how I left her for ___... ! Then she threw everything in my face coz all I wanted was to be shown a little affection... .! She is being treated for depression but is dat any good in the long run as she will be starting councilling shortly
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 12:23:45 PM »

Ya sure enuf she contacted me wen she had no one else even cut her wrists before ringing me... .I got yelled nd guilt tripped for it before telling me dat she wasn't sorry for the police day I creeped her out... !

Can you hear what she's really saying? Forget the actions, implicitly or explicitly ask to be "rescued," but those which mean that you aren't safe around her when her personality (and actions) is so compartmentalized?

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Seamy616

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 02:07:56 PM »

I dnt really understand that is she askin to be rescued because she will not tell any1 she is with me and not give me her new number as I was the reason she had to get it in the first place... !
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest