Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 05:10:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unbelievably horrible  (Read 393 times)
Herodias

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: April 28, 2016, 05:30:15 PM »

He's now trying to file retroactive reducement in alimony! Unbelievable! I have no money to pay him! Any thoughts? My lawyer said this is ridiculous!
bpdsenior

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 05:36:12 PM »

yes.  Expect the horrible. States differ on this issue, so listen to your lawyer. At least its only about money.  Hard to "win" with some cases.  There are usually 2 losers in litigation, rarely a big winner.

good luck.
ForeverDad
Retired Staff

Relationship status: separated 2005 then divorced

You can't reason with the Voice of Unreason...

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 06:04:45 AM »

Was it court ordered alimony or by settlement?  Settlements are harder to undo.  In either case, he would probably have to show cause such as perhaps a Change of Circumstances.  What does he claim changed?

Herodias

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 06:44:47 AM »

Yes, it's a settlement agreement. Oddly enough he is saying he lost his position at work and took a lower paying job. He has now quit that job and took another job making more money-I believe back to what he was receiving originally when we were together. So on what grounds he is requesting to pay less, I don't know. He has quit paying my health insurance as well by changing his place of work. It's like he wants to get drunk, screw around, get some girl pregnant and ask me to pay for it! He is the one who did this!
whirlpoollife

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 08:23:58 AM »

When did he file for the modification in the support?  A hearing officer , or judge might look at that date and decide from that. 

In my case on support issues , brought on by xh , it is still in litigation. A year after settlement from a three year divorce.  I owe xh spousal support , retroactive to settlement, because at settlement it was agreed on that no alimony in either direction from that point on. But ... .on the new current order, the judge has me paying alimony to xh presently and in the future. Even though minimal , that had to be corrected. (Currently  waiting for an answer on that issue)  Xh has a huge credit on child support . But there , it comes off future child support so he owes nothing but at least , so far , I don't owe a lump sum payment back to him.  In marriage I worked for my xh businesses. No pay. So I was classified as a homemaker.   I had received an inheritance which made my "income " more than his for a year.  Now his L wants that carried over to this year too so that is why I said ... .so far. (Waiting again for an answer there).

Oh... currently I found out, ( from online support dept.)  that xh is collecting unemployment... .beside my weekly payments to him.

"Courage is when you know your're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what." ~ Harper Lee
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest