Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 28, 2024, 09:26:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: She followed me on instagram :s  (Read 900 times)
Herodias

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2016, 08:36:13 PM »

My guess is number 2! I keep wondering why my ex is letting me continue to use his netflix account... .I think its some way of him still having a little attachment to me. I think that would be the case for you as well.
Herodias

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2016, 08:39:42 PM »

Thanks I agree, I have to protect myself from more hurt I guess is the moral of the story... but boy o boy how I would love to be a fly on the wall in their relationship and see whats going on, maybe it is not so perfect and they ain't working out, maybe she has regrects... stuff ill never know, it shouldnt matter to me... and when it no longer does ill know I'm over all this

I am dying to know this as well... .I keep telling myself he is doing the same things he did before, just a bit different to suit her personality. I saw him do it with her in the beginning when he had her apologizing for her behavior and he was so tickled over it. It was sickening. We only see what they want us to see. We already know how they are... ."It is just a matter of time."  That reminds me of that Randy Travis song of the same title... .
Mars22

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2016, 09:14:20 PM »

YUP, as mentioned  - my xwBPD traits never liked using Flickr to post her photos... but now, she seems to be sharing her photos with me on Flickr and knows full well, its the only site i use and enjoy using to show and appreciate photography. Am i suppose to *like* her photos? Am i suppose to reach out and comment about her photos.

OR — Is she clueless about me even being on there? ... Or does it really mean nothing and at all and I'm just creating this little 'photo post game' in my mind?
Fr4nz

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2016, 03:47:42 AM »

My guess is number 2! I keep wondering why my ex is letting me continue to use his netflix account... .I think its some way of him still having a little attachment to me. I think that would be the case for you as well.

Yes, I think that is the reason.
Hopeful83

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2016, 06:54:13 AM »

Just thought I'd add my thoughts.

I had something similar happen to me just over a week ago on Instagram. I know there's only so much you can read into these things, but I know my ex well, and I loved the 'poke the bear' phrase that someone used here. To me, his action felt very much like a poke the bear action. He is very cowardly (his actions during the breakup further emphasised this cowardice to me) so I'm 90 per cent certain that him reactivating our blog's account was some lame attempt at getting my attention. I doubt he's matured enough over the last 12 months to act any other way, so when I look at the facts, this is how I interpret his action.

It triggered me instantly as I wasn't expecting it, so I understand how you feel. My heart was pounding, I was on edge the following day, and I had anxiety for three days afterwards.

If you want to protect yourself then I'd recommend blocking her account. That's what I ended up doing. It was awful while I was doing it (I needed my friend to come on Skype and talk me through it!) but once it was done I felt I regained the power back.

If someone who's emotionally healthy wants to talk to you, they will talk to you. To me, these small seemingly meaningless (and yet fully loaded) actions some of our exes take are now highly insulting to me. I'm not a bloody mouse scurrying around, hoping for my ex's crumbs. In the past, an action like this would have probably left me hoping for more. I wouldn't have blocked him through the fear of him interpreting it as me closing the door in his face. As a result, I would have left myself vulnerable and undoubtedly invited more crumb throwing.

Now? Not only have I closed the door, I've slammed it. I don't want his crumbs.

I guess my point is by wondering why they do whatever they do, we give them power. They don't deserve that power. They need to recognise their mistakes and get healthy. But they're not doing that, hence why they result to acting out when things start to go wrong for them. I don't know about you, but I don't want to only be remembered when my ex's world is falling apart. It will make no difference to my life and I have no interest in being recycled if his marriage fails.

Block her. Take your power back. Put the emphasis back on yourself. It's now been more than a week since I blocked him and I barely think about the whole thing now. Plus, it's made me feel empowered and has shown me how far I've come over the last horrific year.

Hopeful
Mars22

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2016, 11:46:19 AM »

yeah... I think what I'm going do is abandon my posting photos on the site for now... just not participate in the game. Blocking her or unfollowing her in my opinion shows for good or bad, I'm acknowledging her.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest