Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 06:46:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: got text from xw on how I was giving present to s10  (Read 389 times)
bus boy

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: December 24, 2016, 10:20:41 AM »

I bought an Xbox for s10 for xmas. Xw text me today asking if it was going to be from Santa,  I said Xbox from me, Xbox game from Santa. She text back that Xbox should be from Santa,  I said I was hiding Xbox in the closet and putting Xbox game in s10's stocking, that way he will get the game from Santa and than I will surprise him with the actual console and since he is on the fence about Santa, I thought it would shore up his belief for another year. My thought being s10 would think Santa knew about the console and brought him the game he wanted. Xw thought that was all wrong and it would convince s10 Santa wasn't real that I should give the Xbox console and game from Santa. I was polite in my texting but what business is it of hers? I don't tell her how to give s10 his presents. I said s10 is on the fence about Santa xw said well maybe and basically repeated what I said about Santa.  Just had to disagree but rewrite what I said only in a different. Lol. I spoke to a parent friend of mine who has 4 kids, I told her I bought s10 an Xbox console and game and before I could tell the rest of my story she said why don't you put the game in the stocking from Santa than surprise him with the console from you and he will think how amazing it was that Santa knew to get his favorite game and knew about the console. I really try to co parent with xw and maybe this sounds petty but xw always has or most times a devious motive behind her fake niceness.
Naughty Nibbler

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 12:49:53 PM »

Is it possible that XW wants your son to be more grateful to Santa and less grateful to you?   Sounds like you made the best decision.

It has to be hard to keep Santa alive,    especially with exposure to social media.  I'm thinking some children might hang onto the Santa myth as long as they can, as it can mean more gifts.   
bus boy

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 05:52:26 PM »

Thank you. I remember when I was 10, I was on the fence about Santa. S10 could made sure elf on the shelf got his revised wish list to give Santa. I fully expect next Xmas s10 will have it all figured out.
 Merry Xmas
rarsweet

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 06:45:46 PM »

Do you think maybe she wanted him to think the bigger, more expensive gift came from Santa instead of you? Like Santa is the hero and you are the runner up?
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 07:12:14 PM »

TMI on your side, and it's none of her business. I only shared two small gifts that I got the kids so we wouldn't possibly get the same things. Other than that, my home, her home. I wouldn't say thathis is a co-parenting issue.

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
bus boy

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2016, 08:18:01 PM »

Hi rarsweet, that's exactly what xw wants. Her kindness is never true kindness it devious manuplation. When she is nice my alarm bells go off.
bus boy

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2016, 08:26:18 PM »

I agree Turkish, my house, her house. I only shared that big gift with xw because she was undecided about getting s10 an Xbox but I all ready bought him one so I told her.
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2016, 09:51:24 PM »

You holding your cool is admirable. ExW can buy her own Xbox, right? So yours can stay at your home. 

S6 (almost 7) wants an Xbox. He hasn't figured out that the PS3 upon which we watch Netflix and YouTube is a gaming console.   Being cool (click to insert in post)

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
scraps66

Relationship status: Separated 9/2008, living apart since 1/2010

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017, 10:09:26 AM »

I totally downplay the gift giver and build up the fact that a gift is a gift and be happy with whatever you get.  I also NEVER exchange gift ideas with ex as this is an opportunity for creating a one-sided conflict with ex exceeding obviously and demonstratively "beating" my gift giving preferences.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest