Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 20, 2024, 09:59:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi  (Read 347 times)
nettieboop

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

Hi
« on: January 09, 2017, 06:25:29 PM »

I just joined this board for support and to give my partner support. His ex-wife is BPD with narcissistic traits... .it's been quite the challenge.
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 11:53:07 PM »

Hello nettieboop,

Welcome

Can you tell us more about his narcissistic ex, and what you're struggling with? How old are the kids,  and what's the custody situation?

Turkish

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
soundofmusicgirl

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 02:12:01 AM »

Welcome Nettieboop. Sorry you have to be here.

Let us know how we can help. You will always find sympathy and a listening ear here.
Panda39

Relationship status: SO and I have been together 9 years and have just moved in together this summer.

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 06:46:10 AM »

Hi nettieboop 

I wanted to join Turkish and soundofmusicgirl and welcome you too. 

There are several members here in the step-parenting role and it's amazing how much we all have in common.  This web-site is a great place to learn more about BPD, understanding what is really going on under the chaos, learning tools that can help with your interactions with the pwBPD (person with BPD) in your life, help supporting the kids and your DH (Dear Husband), and a great place to vent and get support for yourself.

Being a step-parent puts us in a unique position... .part of the family but also outside of the original family unit so we can see things from the outside which can be helpful sometimes and difficult other times.

Can you tell us how long you and your DH have been together?  How many kids and their ages?  What kinds of behaviors are you finding most challenging?

Again Welcome,
Panda39

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and just said, I just don't care" -Pink
DreamGirl
Retired Staff

Do. Or do not. There is no try.

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 12:46:24 PM »

Welcome to the family.

DG

"What I want is what I've not got, and what I need is all around me." ~Dave Matthews

nettieboop

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 07:03:48 PM »

Background... .

They were married 10 years. My ex has been told by their marriage counselor that she is mentally ill. She had admitted to him in the very beginning that she had never been faithful in a relationship.  Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post) During the marriage she demonstrated a lot of BPD symptoms such as rapid changes in behavior - to anger - she physically abused him a few times. Impulsive and inappropriate behavior (spending, drinking, emotional affairs.) Abandonment in childhood. Terrible relationship with parents (mother has mental health issues.) Major control issues. Issues with appearance, picking at face. He left her after he found out she'd been having an affair (a high school sweetheart that's she's still with now.) Since then has made his life hell. They have a 10 year old daughter who is constantly put in the middle of this. In the beginning (the first 10 months) after meeting me she would send him very abusive, angry messages. She's been over to his house late at night twice (drunk) when I was there - the first time yelling and screaming at him at his door - and both times let deflated 2 of my car tires. Plays control games with him and the daughter. They have 50/50 custody and is impossible to parent with her. She is most of the time ignoring his messages and when she's not sending him nasty responses - but then out of the blue send him a sweet as pie message. Told him recently that she hated me and wished I'd die, she hopes I die in a car accident. (meanwhile is still with guy she had affair with buy constantly bawling her eyes out about losing him/her ex.) He's always walking on eggshells, not knowing how she'll react to things. We went to her house to pick up the daughter and the ex FLIPPED out and came after me via my car door and started yelling at me. She would let us leave. She was in 'crazy mode'... .it was scary. Accused HIM of cheating b/c he was in a new relationship before their divorce was final, even though he'd filed in the very beginning. She spins everything. It's always on him. There's SO much more but too much to remember and write... .
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest