Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 10:40:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: long sad stupid story  (Read 355 times)
letthesunshinein
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: January 25, 2017, 07:03:34 AM »

Hi everyone... .I have been reading on this forum silently for a few months now.  It has been the only lifeline I feel I have in my life at the moment.  Just reading about the exact same stories/people/hardships that I am going through.  I can't even get my words together to articulate what I want to say.  Maybe someone one day will read my words and get the glimmer of energy necessary to leave their relationship too.

Long story short.  I met my udBPDex (as of yesterday) online about 6 years ago.  We had an intermittent on again off again chat throughout the years.  What I gathered from him: passionate, extremes, never had a relationship, promiscuous, angry but oh so very charismatic when he wants to be.  He never wanted to meet up and would disappear for months or years and then pop back up.  About 7 months ago he wrote again, and we started a passionate intense online relationship due to the fact that we were in different countries at the time.  He filled a void in my that I never knew I had.  A void I venture to guess came from not getting all the love I needed from my parents, family etc.  So I was ripe for the picking. This was what the movies and books and songs were talking about.  He slowly stopped me from seeing my friends etc but his excuse was always, I am so far away and if something happens I can't reach you in time bla bla bla.  I must seem so gullible... .Sorry to ramble... He came back to our country about 4 months after our intense online relationship.  At it was love at first sight for me.  He knew exactly what buttons to press, how to make me feel desired, loved etc.  But then the weirdness started.  The need to control EVERYTHING I did, said, went, dressed, cooked even!  and the insults.  And the obsessive need to overanalyze my past.  The extreme jealousy that I had told him I had loved my bf 3 years ago. (I am only allowed to have love for him).  And then the name-calling. The blows to my ego , self- esteem.  The ups and downs of being loving one second and screaming or giving me the death glare the second second. 

I have so many fleas... .2 weeks ago he drove me crazy by making up a story saying he "had proof that I acted the same lovey dovey way I act with him, with my ex"  that I am a liar when I say i "love"  him.  I lost it and said how can you have proof there is no proof. the relationship was 3 years ago. No one would even say that to you, (he never wanted to meet my friends or family so no contact with them ).  I told him it was over.  He wouldnt leave. He threatened me with getting physical (not with me but with objects). I just lost it and hit a glass door.  I have never even stepped on an ant.  I had a complete breakdown from all the stress of the relationship.  Then he left.  Then I had to go to the ER and get stitches.  The next day, he berated me and painted me black for "not telling him I was going to the ER". How dare I do anything withouth telling him. I am turning into him. All of his rage is rubbing off on me  

I kept trying to leave him but kept accepting him back because I was IN LOVE for the first time in my life (I am 37 yo) But if he says he loves me more than anything in the World, then how can he say all these things to me?  I started asking him, if I am so horrible, such a liar etc etc, then why was he with me?  No comment to any rational questions. Whenever I tried to break up, the insane attempts to re-engage.  And then once I got back together with him after a couple days of NC, he would then bring up my past, my exes, my lack of being IN THE RELATIONSHIP (how dare I break up with him?) the constant criticism, the jealousy of my friends family even the fact that I had to go to work, how dare I cry in the Street, how dare I talk to my friends about him, how dare I ask him where he is (apparently I only wanted to know what he does because of the fact that he wants to know what I do, and I am only doing it to boost my ego , by asking him questions and expecting responses).

He wasn't working and needed Money so he wanted me to get a loan for him just to tide him over.  I kept balking but he made me feel so bad and manipulated me so much I just gave up and got the loan for him. But it wasnt enough.  And then he online gambled it away and how dare I get mad about that?

Then he wanted to get me pregnant but said we couldnt get married if I did. 

Then the verbal insults and mental abuse escalated.  For sure I was a liar, I was lying about my past. He started reading my messages with my friends, etc etc.  All the while I kept thinking, the good moments are so wonderful, he is so loving and he cares so much about me he cant even live without me, I can make this better.

But I couldn't. I realize I have cried at the least once at the most perhaps 10 times per day in the past month.  We fought every day.  I was blamed for every single thing wrong in the World.  I realized yesterday I was slowly going crazy. I started to second guess my every feeling thought.  I feel like I am drowning. I told him I have had enough. I want out. I can't take the verbal abuse any more.  I can't recognize myself anymore.  I was so happy, loving, friendly, full of life.  Now I have a hard time coming in to work. I feel like a zombie. I walk around missing him, hating myself for missing him, trying to give myself pep talks so I can stay away from him.  He actually accepted the breakup for the first time.  Said he is going back to Italy in a week and leaving me forever.  That he just wants every single thing he has at my house.  That he doesnt want anything of his to be in my possession. that I can go back to my perfect life before he screwed it up.bla bla bla.

He said that he never knew he was this crazy, that loving me brought out this side of him he never knew he had.  I begged and pleaded with him for us to go to counseling or something but he always said no one could help him. 

I am sorry to ramble.  I needed to vent with someone other than my friends whose only thoughts are - we miss the old you, leave him now we hate him. No one understands.  I am even having a hard time grasping the fact that I chose this.  And I hate myself for missing him, and I hate myself for being sad he doesn't care.  What about all those promises he made in the beginning of marriage and love and happiness.  You know what I mean?

I am scared he is going to try to suck me back in, and scared that he isn't.  Now I just have to give his stuff back to him and hope he doesn't re-engage.

Thanks for reading my long rambling rant. Wish me luck!
schwing
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: married to a non

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 04:13:04 PM »

hi letthesunshinein and Welcome

I'm going to offer you some feedback and hopefully what I write can help you understand what happened in your BPD relationship in order to help you fully detach.

... .About 7 months ago he wrote again, and we started a passionate intense online relationship due to the fact that we were in different countries at the time.  He filled a void in my that I never knew I had.  A void I venture to guess came from not getting all the love I needed from my parents, family etc.  So I was ripe for the picking... .

One of the major modus operandi of people with BPD (pwBPD) is the great effort they put into avoiding (real or imagined) abandonment.  During the time that your relationship with long distant, he spent a great deal of time understanding you and becoming familiar with what you want/need in order to best insure that you would be so in love with him that you would be incapable of leaving/abandoning him.

This is why he isolated you from your friends and made you as dependent upon him as possible.  Because the more you depended upon him, the less able you would be to leave/abandon him.

Quote from: letthesunshinein
... .But then the weirdness started.  The need to control EVERYTHING I did, said, went, dressed, cooked even!  and the insults.  And the obsessive need to overanalyze my past.  The extreme jealousy that I had told him I had loved my bf 3 years ago. (I am only allowed to have love for him).  And then the name-calling.

You see, he believes (or needs to believe) his fear of abandonment is justified.  He believes that he feels the way he feels because of your actions.  He feels the need to control everything because he is preoccupied by his disordered fear that you mean to leave/abandon him.  Each time you acquiesced to his demands it would confuse him. Because when he is with you, it is clear to him that you do not intend to leave/abandon him.  But when you are not around, he is tormented by this fear.  This is because the source of his fear is his disorder and perhaps he cannot accept this.

... .2 weeks ago he drove me crazy by making up a story saying he "had proof that I acted the same lovey dovey way I act with him, with my ex"  that I am a liar when I say i "love"  him.  I lost it and said how can you have proof there is no proof. the relationship was 3 years ago. No one would even say that to you, (he never wanted to meet my friends or family so no contact with them ). 

This is why he is looking for any reason, even complete fiction, in order to justify how he feels.

I kept trying to leave him but kept accepting him back because I was IN LOVE for the first time in my life (I am 37 yo) But if he says he loves me more than anything in the World, then how can he say all these things to me?  I started asking him, if I am so horrible, such a liar etc etc, then why was he with me? 

He probably wants to have a deeply connected, intimate relationship with you. But his disorder keeps getting in the way.  As I see it, until/unless he is able to recover from his disorder, he is incapable to having a deeply connected, intimate relationship with anyone.

Whenever I tried to break up, the insane attempts to re-engage.  And then once I got back together with him after a couple days of NC, he would then bring up my past, my exes, my lack of being IN THE RELATIONSHIP (how dare I break up with him?) the constant criticism, the jealousy of my friends family even the fact that I had to go to work, how dare I cry in the Street, how dare I talk to my friends about him, how dare I ask him where he is (apparently I only wanted to know what he does because of the fact that he wants to know what I do, and I am only doing it to boost my ego , by asking him questions and expecting responses).

You see, when you tried to break up, it was no longer *imagined* abandonment but *real* abandonment he was reacting to.  And so he would do everything/anything he could in order to avoid this abandonment.  For a while it was to re-seduce you back into the relationship.  And later he would abandon you first in order to avoid being abandoned.

Each time he got you to come back, he would still have to deal with his disordered fear... .the fear of *imagined* abandonment.

He said that he never knew he was this crazy, that loving me brought out this side of him he never knew he had.  I begged and pleaded with him for us to go to counseling or something but he always said no one could help him. 

I don't believe this.  If he has BPD, there is a high likelihood that all of his past relationships were unstable and conflicted.  It is quite possible that every one of his past relationships have caused him to feel what he has felt while with you.  Perhaps he has even sought professional help before.  And in the end, he refuses to accept his part in all of this.  Why else would he so readily dismiss help?

You are in the right place.

Best wishes,

Schwing

ynwa

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 09:11:45 PM »

Hello Sunshine,

Your post did not ramble and is quite clear.  You have been on a roller coaster.  You are not alone in your experiences. Know this for sure, most if not all you went through was not your fault.

You are amongst friends and people who truly understand what it's like feel overwhelmed.  I invite you speak up and ask questions.  Read through this information, it is where I started.

https://bpdfamily.com/portfolio-broken

How you are feeling will not go away all at once, but it will get easier.  

You got this.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest