Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 12:45:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books most popular with members
Stop Caretaking the
Borderline or the Narcassist
Stop Walking
on Eggshells
Journey from
Abandonment to Healing
The Search for Real Self
Unmasking Personality Disorders

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: He has too much "power"  (Read 351 times)
Dontknow88

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: February 15, 2017, 08:10:25 AM »

I'm sorry I have been venting here a lot lately no one else really understands not even my lawyer.

I strongly believe that my ex has too much "power" when I say power I'm really talking about the custody rights he has you cannot handle it.

I wish I never had to deal with him.

He claims he wants to be in our sons life but the things that you logical dangerous things he does I don't think he should be around our son alone.

Forgive me if this seems to really but I wish she was just one of those guys that went away totally denied his child And then I can try to give our son a stable life.

I can't parent with him. He is literally a child himself a child that has way too much responsibilities and it showing that he cannot handle it.

Other moms and dads here how do you coparent? Really how do you do it I know everyone is different but how do you do it? Are you looking to change the custody or are they OK enough for you to keep it the way it is? Do they have supervised or unsupervised visits?
livednlearned
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 09:35:11 AM »

It sounds like he has kinda gone away, no?

He has spent a total of 4 hours for one day since your child was born... .I think I read that in another post of yours.

There are the things he says, and the things he does. They are not the same.

To keep your sanity, the best thing is to pay attention to what he does.

The key to coparenting well is to first and foremost manage your own anxiety about what he does. When you feel afraid of him, what do you usually do? How do you usually feel? It's important to pay attention to this not only for you, but for your daughter. That anxiety you feel is probably the first thing your child will internalize  

Do you have a therapist you are working with while you sort out custody?

Breathe.
Dontknow88

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 10:13:36 AM »

It sounds like he has kinda gone away, no?

He has spent a total of 4 hours for one day since your child was born... .I think I read that in another post of yours.

There are the things he says, and the things he does. They are not the same.

To keep your sanity, the best thing is to pay attention to what he does.

The key to coparenting well is to first and foremost manage your own anxiety about what he does. When you feel afraid of him, what do you usually do? How do you usually feel? It's important to pay attention to this not only for you, but for your daughter. That anxiety you feel is probably the first thing your child will internalize  

Do you have a therapist you are working with while you sort out custody?

To be honest with you for the most part I can handle it and it's all because of the site and I've always been someone that can take  "A lot". Since having my son I want to protect him from his father.  He hasn't seen him much but he wants for custody or to keep it exactly the way it is. My anxiety gets a little high when he is completely delusional and I know I should take with a grain of salt but the fact that he is 100% serious about everything that comes out his mouth  is highly concerning to me.

I don't know why I am shocked but the complete change around with giving me soul custody I'm still trying to grasp the change.

Where is he threatened me with money I used to get literally $900 more than I should get for child support then I seen all the issues and he said if I take him to court he will take away that money then I told him no amount of money is worth this so to meet a middle ground I decided to do a separation agreement he still took away the money that is fine but now he says if this goes to court though he doesn't want to change the custody   He said he will do everything he has to do to make sure to take away our son from me. He makes six figures, and lives in a better area than me that's what he uses against me. He said things like he knows how to check the therapists and if I bring them to court he will pass the psych test with flying colours.

And you're right I should look after myself I want this all to be over and it is obvious that the Domestic violence is still going on even after the relationship has ended. I have seen a therapist and the therapist actually told me that I have a really deep insight on what's going on and I just need to get through the custody issues and everything will be fine. My therapist told me that he will help in anyway he can if this goes to court. He also told me that I should continue what I'm doing e.g. being a part of this site and still caring out my day-to-day life and continue to do the things I enjoy with my little man!

Personally I just need to learn to take things with a grain of salt even more I've learned to do that when he talks about our past relationship I Cici do not care for that anymore so I don't even talk about when he brings that up my concern is about a child now and his future .

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest