Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 02:21:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Biggest nightmare of my life...  (Read 358 times)
NewStart

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: March 22, 2017, 12:55:41 PM »

Well, I guess I knew it was coming, but she filed an affidavit to have me removed from my own house and is pitting her children against me in it... .the litany of lies is mind blowing, reading through it with my attorney... .I wanted to throw up... .
ForeverDad
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: separated 2005 then divorced

You can't reason with the Voice of Unreason...

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 07:03:36 AM »

Clearly, the door to staying in the house is closing, the court will probably grant her motion.  Of course, don't quietly fold, object in court to her claims of abuse or whatever.  Probably too you could ask the court she be the one to find an apartment since she probably can't afford the house long term nor pay you back your equity in it.  Sadly, the court won't care whether she's a golddigger or not.  However, court ought to agree this was a short marriage and you do not want a divorce needlessly and expensively stretched out over years.  (And defend yourself from false allegations, of course.)

You already knew she was manipulating her children, that she wouldn't let you take them to school or wherever.  She has predictably blacklisted you to them and they may be unable to withstand her determined rewriting of history.  While you don't want to enabler her in doing that, you must also accept that legally you have no status in their lives.  You were stepparent but that has ended.

Now that this fork in the road has arrived, move forward, don't wallow in the shoulda couldas.  Find a place both safe and convenient for you and your sons.

I think this is exactly where my head is at right now.  I really feel like the house is just that, a house.  If my uBPDw makes a fair offer for my house and I can find another house closer to where my boys mother lives (granted right now I'm less that 4 miles from her house) I think I'd welcome the new start.  In my mind at this point a healthy environment away from my uBPDw is the best thing I can do for my boys and I and the sooner I can make that happen, the sooner the REAL healing and growing can start.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest