Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 09:22:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reviewed my history in this forum  (Read 389 times)
Tired_Dad

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« on: September 24, 2017, 12:26:59 PM »

I found this very useful today to sort out my own emotions and to reassure myself on my current path. I went to the "find last post" selection under live discussion and read my posts that started in 2011. I have have documentation of the roller coaster that living with a BPD in the house has caused me and saw in text me saying over and over again that "I am done", "this is it", "I have nothing left" only to have been sucked into the sunshine of her attention or having life circumstances prevent a divorce.

At this time I think that I am ready. I do not see much left of the person that I once loved and after her rage and going off last night to her sister's in another state I realized how nice it was to have the bed to myself, have my son playing in the back yard, and not have to worry about when something in the house is going to get her to come out of the bedroom just to go into a rage of a perceived slight.

I am tired from her persistent low grade anger and complaining. I am done with the outbursts of rage. I cannot tolerate her arguing with our son instead of parenting him and since tomorrow is Monday I will will be contacting a lawyer and moving forward.

It is time for this to happen. I love her and care about her welfare but I feel that my presence is enabling her  behaviors and that for her and I to have any peace it's time to dissolve this union.

I have been emotionally divorced from her for quite some time now. I think this will bring the closure and allow for some semblance of structure in my own life and allow for a much greater enforcement of my boundaries.
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 11:01:44 AM »

you do sound exhausted, Tired_Dad.

what happened with the lawyer?

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Lucky Jim

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 03:06:09 PM »

Hey Tired Dad, It sounds like you might be happier if you part ways.  Where do things stand at present?  What, if anything, have you decided?  LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
Tired_Dad

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 04:46:50 PM »

I got caught up with work today but I did reach out by email to the lawyer to set up an appointment to go over the situation.

I am pretty much resolved to end this as every time that I have agreed to give her another chance that only buys about a month of peace.

I'm being very deliberate and trying to be as non-impulsive as possible so this may take a but to get started, but I expect it to be very dramatic once it kicks off and she reacts.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest