Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 03:50:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to go and what to do?  (Read 351 times)
lostandconfused6

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: October 13, 2017, 02:42:19 PM »

I feel like we have hit a brick wall... .none of the tools are working even when I make extra effort do them just right... .I feel like it's constant splitting and dysregulation... .I can't remember a time in the 2 years we have been together that it has been this bad... .no matter what i say or do he says it's for attention, has an ulterior motive, manipulation, or because I want to add to his stress because I can't live without drama

Example: My parents and i had a disagreement last night and he had asked how dinner went so i told him and it was through text he took it upon himself to call me and 5 min into the conversation he starts screaming at me telling me "you pick prime time to have these problems i have a f*cking test tomorrow now i get to stay up and worry about you and your problems". Not once did i ask for help or anything of the sort i made a statement about what happened just like i would if he asked how the weather was where i am. I told him things just like he tells me... .I don't understand why he got so angry over something so small... .Maybe my mind is so foggy i can't think straight today but i

He said even if he did everything right I would look for the bad... .I ask him to give me the benefit of a doubt and he says he will then the first chance he gets he's right back to painting me black and his favorite line is "i'm so sick of this everytime i talk to you all you do is stress me out you're such a know it all it's all about what you want" (which is complete crap it may be 1 out 15 convos that go bad and i get nothing i want) I try to be up beat and optimistic as much as I can be and always try to see things glass half full... .I want nothing more than for us to be able to communicate and compromise and we were doing so well at it a few months ago... .I don't understand what happened... .

I need help and tips... .Does anyone know anything else i can do to at least to attempt to get him to communicate and off of the defense?
Lucky Jim

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 11:04:24 AM »

Hey l&c, Maybe you should post your questions on the Saving or Improving Board, both of which might be more helpful if you are trying to salvage things.  Most here on the Conflicted Board are on the fence, or just in a holding pattern.

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
lostandconfused6

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 04:36:45 PM »

Thank you I get confused on what board to post on. I feel like half the stuff should be on the improvement board then they move it here :/
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest