Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 12:57:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Talk with my teen daughter  (Read 352 times)
MarkDavid
« on: October 16, 2017, 09:44:00 PM »

I'm a 49 male who just broke up with my BPD GF, who I dated after the divorce. I had to tell her that the relationship is over as she was around the GF, as well as her daughter.

From that discussion flowed the discussion for the first time about the divorce in 2014. The first time we REALLY talked about some of those things. Like the day the ex wife and I told her and her sister of the divorce. My 16 year did cry tonight when we talked about that day.

She also disclosed that she actually found the divorce papers in a dresser drawer before we told her of the divorce back in 2014; that is something that makes me sad to hear.

Not sure I really have a point; just saying that happened tonight, as part of the break up with my BPD ex GF
Panda39

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex
Relationship status: SO and I have been together 9 years and have just moved in together this summer.

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 07:17:46 AM »

Hi MarkDavid,

I'm sorry to hear about your breakup that is never easy. The good thing I hear is that you and your D16 were able to talk and get some things out in the open.  Keep that communication door open.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

How are you feeling?  What was your D16 relationship like with your ex and her daughter?  How do you think D16 is feeling about all of this?

I'm attaching a link with more information on raising resilient kids, in the hope that you find something useful to support your daughter through this transition.

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=182254.msg1331459#msg1331459

Don't forget to take care of yourself too 

Take Care,
Panda39

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and just said, I just don't care" -Pink
MarkDavid
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 01:30:01 PM »

Hi MarkDavid,

I'm sorry to hear about your breakup that is never easy. The good thing I hear is that you and your D16 were able to talk and get some things out in the open.  Keep that communication door open.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

How are you feeling?  What was your D16 relationship like with your ex and her daughter?  How do you think D16 is feeling about all of this?

I'm attaching a link with more information on raising resilient kids, in the hope that you find something useful to support your daughter through this transition.

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=182254.msg1331459#msg1331459

Don't forget to take care of yourself too 

Take Care,
Panda39

Thank you for your words and comments. I actually really think my 16 year old was way on board with this relationship; she basically said that in our conversation last night, saying she would have been good if I married GF, because she knows and likes GFs 14 year old; they are actually friends to a degree. So she was not devastated but perhaps a little disappointed by the news of the break up with GF, actually. She also was aware of earlier break ups with GF; and that GFs 14 year old apparently was having a problem accepting me/letting me into her life.

Ex GF and I work together and this morning she pulled one of her work emergency drama communications where we had to speak on the phone; after I blocked her from texting me on Sunday. I think it was a creation by GF, but it's one of those things where I wonder was that fake or was that legitimate; which I think is exactly how ex Gf wants to screw with my head. It's upsetting today that that happened.
MarkDavid
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 03:25:07 PM »

Thank you for your words and comments. I actually really think my 16 year old was way on board with this relationship; she basically said that in our conversation last night, saying she would have been good if I married GF, because she knows and likes GFs 14 year old; they are actually friends to a degree. So she was not devastated but perhaps a little disappointed by the news of the break up with GF, actually. She also was aware of earlier break ups with GF; and that GFs 14 year old apparently was having a problem accepting me/letting me into her life.

Ex GF and I work together and this morning she pulled one of her work emergency drama communications where we had to speak on the phone; after I blocked her from texting me on Sunday. I think it was a creation by GF, but it's one of those things where I wonder was that fake or was that legitimate; which I think is exactly how ex Gf wants to screw with my head. It's upsetting today that that happened.

The funny thing is, when I was reading your response to my post, I received a telephone call from the counseling office where I saw someone for a session back in July; it was just their 3 month check up call, I imagine.  I initially declined making a new appointment; after 2 hours passed and I thought about it, I think this warrants some professional help again, this entire situation - I made an appointment for myself tomorrow afternoon.  On the outside, I'm functioning through all of this; inside, I am struggling - this does not feel good.  I do feel this is crisis level.
Panda39

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex
Relationship status: SO and I have been together 9 years and have just moved in together this summer.

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 08:40:32 PM »

What a fortuitous call.  Good for you recognizing you need some support  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)  Go for it!

Panda39

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and just said, I just don't care" -Pink
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest