Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 12:29:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Have anyone elses exBPD attempted to impoverish you by the court system?  (Read 374 times)
Newyoungfather

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: April 15, 2018, 10:26:14 PM »

Hello BPD family,
Today I was looking back at all the "worthless" court proceedings I had to deal with, most of them from allegations that the court found to be false and ruled 100% in my favor.   Even though I have majority of the time with my son I don't have enough overnights to get a reduction on child support, I have my son 5 overnights and 8 days on 2 week schedule but I pay child support as if I wasn't in my sons life at all. (Laws of my state)  Currently my exBPD is taking me back for child support because she "thinks" I'm hiding wages.  ExBPD seems to increase her "witch hunt" tactics lately and I spent 1250$ in the last month from her attorney sending mine numerous letters because I only inform my exBPD of legal need to know items.  Only good thing is that my attorney informed me that my exBPD seems desperate and my attorney didn't even respond to her attorneys letters as I didn't legally have to disclose what she wanted.  Has anyone witness this behavior of just trying to tie up money in the court system to impoverish their partner.  I've noticed as I'm spending more time with my son the allegations seem to increase.  Just wanted to see if I'm not alone of this topic.
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 10:51:23 PM »

I'm in California. CS is based upon parental income and custody time. How does your state differ?

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
livednlearned
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 09:20:06 AM »

Yes. I stopped counting at a certain point. Sometime in the 4th year of chronic litigation

My ex was a former trial attorney and represented himself (for free).

The security guards at the court house thought I was an attorney because they began to recognize me. One time a guard waved me through the attorney access and I said no, I was a plaintiff. I just shrugged and said, Careful who you marry, and the guy kind of smiled and shook his head.

I decided for my own mental health to look at the financial costs like an investment in my son's mental well-being.

Best money I ever spent 

It has taken me almost 8 years to be in a better financial place.

I feel your pain.

Breathe.
Newyoungfather

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 09:47:14 AM »

In pa child support goes by overnights based on a two week schedule.  Child support won't decrease until I get 6 overnights per 14 days, I have him for 5 overnights and 8 days. I also make about 30% more than the mother of my child so she's always finding ways to get more money even though she only sees him two full days on a 14 day schedule.  I pay child support as if I didn't have any time at all with my son.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest