Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 07:58:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New here, stepchild with BPD disrupting the whole family  (Read 371 times)
BlendedTornado
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« on: November 11, 2018, 05:54:59 PM »

Im new here and new to BPD. I have step child that cycles through BPD episodes causing the whole family to whirl wind along with them. No one knows the real deal but the fam as we all experience it hands on and if we were to tell anyone the BPD child will convince them we are lying so here I am to find similar experiences that can help and learn how to handle these extremely difficult heartbreaking situations before this causes us to loose our minds and break up our family.
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Feeling Better

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 06:30:35 PM »

Hello BlendedTornado and welcome

I am sorry to hear of what brought you here, you are in the right place, we have lots of resources here along with the help and support of other parents who are going through similar situations to yours.

It is difficult l know when you see first hand what BPD behaviour is like. Unfortunately it is the ones who are closest to their loved one with BPD who bear the brunt, whilst others not so close do not see that side of them. Frustrating.

... .here I am to find similar experiences that can help and learn how to handle these extremely difficult heartbreaking situations before this causes us to loose our minds and break up our family.

I am glad that you are here to learn how to handle the difficult and as you rightly say, heartbreaking situations, crazy making for sure. So what’s happening with your family right now? How can we help you?

I look forward to hearing more from you x  

If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading ~ Lao Tzu
Harri
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 07:01:28 PM »

Hi.  I just want to join Feeling Better in saying hello and welcome to the board!   Welcome new member (click to insert in post)

Please settle in and read and jump into posts.  It helps to know you are not alone and to talk with others in similar situations.   Another good thing is that people often share what works or worked for them which can spark some ideas for you to try.

As you feel comfortable, please post and share more of your situation.  This is a safe place and we get it here.

"What is to give light must endure burning." ~Viktor Frankl
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest