Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 05:03:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Urgent Question potential dangerous split  (Read 645 times)
Cat Familiar
Senior Ambassador

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2018, 01:07:25 PM »

Somewhere I heard that the best two days in life: buying a boat and selling a boat.

“The Four Agreements  1. Be impeccable with your word.  2. Don’t take anything personally.  3. Don’t make assumptions.  4. Always do your best. ”     ― Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
Enabler

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Living apart

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2018, 01:20:28 PM »

Same as digging a pool and filling it in... .although frankly I don’t get that one at all... .who doesn’t want a pool!

Cat Familiar
Senior Ambassador

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2018, 01:28:36 PM »

I love my pool and get very wistful when I have to close it up for the season. I count down the months until I can swim again. 

“The Four Agreements  1. Be impeccable with your word.  2. Don’t take anything personally.  3. Don’t make assumptions.  4. Always do your best. ”     ― Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
formflier
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2018, 01:36:23 PM »

Do you "want" to sell your boat?

I've bought and sold several.  Right now canoes and kayaks are all I do... .

FF

empath

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2018, 01:39:23 PM »

FWIW, my h was in therapy for nearly 2 years. They were meeting monthly for the first year and a half, then his T managed to get him to consent to let her talk to me to "see how her therapy was helping him." It seems that she wanted to find out about my divorce plans; I said I didn't have any and hadn't said anything to h about divorce, even in jest. He said that she thought that he had "emotional lability on a personality level... ." They started having sessions every couple of weeks for a couple of months, then he was stopped.

More recently, after the major dysregulation episode, he saw another counselor (because he didn't think that the first one was really effective, the new one was not specifically Christian). He went about 6 times, then quit because he was feeling better. This time, they thought an "attachment disorder".

He hasn't been dx'ed with anything other than major depression.

From what I understand from my counselor-type friends and my own training, licensed mental health professionals need written consent from their patients to discuss and/or receive information from others regarding patients.
Cat Familiar
Senior Ambassador

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2018, 01:50:47 PM »

Well then I'm a blabbermouth. I've had no trouble passing on information to therapists and health care providers.

I think of it in that I'm not violating HIPPA guidelines if I tell health care professionals information about their patients without wanting them to share anything with me.

Years ago I called my boyfriend's daughter's therapist because I was concerned that she was acting out very inappropriately and thought there might be sexual abuse from her grandfather and that no one else was talking about this. (A very difficult decision, but the therapist welcomed my info.)

Then I spoke to my husband's doctor, telling her that he was mixing his Ambien with his Norco and drinking. (She also welcomed the info.)

Then as I mentioned, I spoke with my husband's Psychologist and he was also very receptive.

Harri
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2018, 04:58:11 PM »

Staff only

This thread has been locked as it reached the post limit.  Feel free to start a new discussion in a new thread.

Harri

"What is to give light must endure burning." ~Viktor Frankl
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest