Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 31, 2024, 10:06:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I got "promoted"; publicly;pretty disgusted right now [Christian Discussion]  (Read 887 times)
formflier
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« on: January 28, 2019, 06:10:45 PM »

I honestly couldn't understand whatever points my wife is/was trying to make and was asking a question... trying to clarify and letting her know I didn't understand and was trying to listen. I suppose she was likely not trying to talk to me but wanted to do her under the breath ranting thing.

Very loudly... with kids around:  "Oh... .there is FF... .he's Jesus Christ and has never made a mistake."

I was shocked... . and said "please don't use such language around me or the kids.  Stop it"  she then mumbled and rumbled for a while trying to justify it... .then claimed I was trying to trap her.

The she actually approached me and asked "when is the last time you came to and admitted wrongdoing?"

Perhaps I was foolish in answering and said "It's been a while FFw, but I have a very specific reason for not doing it... related to language you used earlier blaspheming Jesus."

She cut me off blathering about no blaspheming... .me needing to learn to "live with her in an understanding way"... .and tried to toss out some other scriptures.

I decided to disengage from the entire conversation.  She's been mumbling under her breath for another 15 minutes since then.

Then tries to be "uber nice" to the kids.

Absolutely disgusts me that someone can claim to be a Christian and then blatantly do/say stuff like this around the children she claims from time to time I'm ruining... .because I'm not a Christian.  Yuck... .double yuck. I'm going to go try to get a solid workout in.  Long swim.  Hopefully that will help me move past this.

FF

snowglobe

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 06:29:19 PM »

Dear Ff,
I’m sorry your wife violated your religious believes and  your feelings, especially with your children present. Religion is a slippery slope even for “neurotypical adults”, let alone ones with BPD. Across all 3 monotheistic religions, using the name on the almighty in vain is considered a sin. Let alone using it to shame someone, or try to prove a point. In the context of your exchange it seems that she is using a religious pretext to justify and projects her emotions and feelings on to you. I may try to use the same approach, that you have used for me in the past. It made me take a step back and Analyze. From what I have been reading, coming from your posts, ffw uses the religion when she is trying to “shoot straight to your heart”, meaning evoke a very strong emotions that you are able to withhold in a typical conversation. She “senses” that things conversations hook you on deep, regardless of the context or what she is accusing you, blaming you or questions your believes. I almost cringe, when I imagine how it makes you feel. Although you do come across a solid and a very rational man, we all have our Achilles’s heels. May I ask, is Christianity one of them? Did it play any role of you becoming an item? Why does she play “this card”, and not others when she is dysregulated?
From my experience, most people with BPD aren’t able to walk the “Christian, Judaistic or Muslim” way of living consistently. There are slips that aren’t compatible with the whole “10 commandments”. Your relationships are between you, and G-d, not her, you and G-d. It hurts to hear things things, I imagine you are uncomfortable with your children being the witnesses of this exchange.
My two cents- I was baptized by my uBPD mother to fit into her “view of religion” as a mean of wiping off the slate clean. I am still struggling with the whole idea. You, on the other hand, are pretty consistent with your views and the kinds of conversations you share with your children. Keep it up, keep on distracting yourself. What’s more Ff, you are saving lives on this very forum. There were times, when myself included, you were the loudest voice and an outstretched hand, helping to crawl from the BPD hell. I’m sure you are wearing many hats in this life. Yet, the person that I have met here, is a man of G-d, who is living out his life’s purpose. Don’t let the distrorted blasphemy confuse and anger you.

“Aimer, ce n’est pas se regarder l’un l’autre, c’est regarder ensemble dans la même direction.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
empath

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 10:46:57 PM »

It's interesting how we can be "holier than thou" and not a Christian... .There are some narratives in the gospels where the pharisees were telling Jesus all kinds of things too.

She's pushing your buttons. Figuring out how to disable our buttons is one of those areas of growth for most of us around here. In my world of interactions with churchy people, I have often talked with God about the situations.
snappybrowneyes

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 12:31:52 AM »

FF, when I read what you wrote what really jumped out to me was that the conversation wasn't really about religion but about you "always" being right which in turn means she is "always wrong." You asking to clarify seemed to trigger her feelings of being wrong/less than you. Just my 2 cents!
I hope the swim improved your mood!

As the legend goes, when the Pheonix resurrects from the flames, she is even more beautiful than before. Danielle LaPorte

And God help you if you are a Pheonix, and you dare rise up from the ash. A thousand eyes will smolder with jealousy while you are just  flying past. Ani DeFranco
AskingWhy

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 02:14:29 AM »

My uBPD H goes back and forth from atheist to believer is some sort of God.  A lot depends on whether or not he is angry with me.  He was particularly close to his mother (his F is uBPD/uNPD) and she was a Christian.  Her dying in her 80s struck H as a huge blow.

When H is in a good mood, he will be kind and charitable, offering to drive an elderly woman from hospital to her home.  (We lived in the same neighbourhood.)  He is kind to the pets.

When H splits and dysregulates, he throws things and upends furniture, terrifying the pets who hide in the house.  When I mention how God would see his rage and frightening his wife and the pets, he rages drill sergeant-style (inches from my face), "There IS no God!"

FF, pwBPD are so unsure of most of the things in their lives, so they most certainly have no concepts of philosophy or religion, which require a soundness of mind, sureness in one's beliefs and an unshakeable belief in God.   My H is a pitiable man.  His X W left him after 10 years of marriage and left to marry her lover (who was also married and divorced his wife to marry her.)  She took all the children across the country to live with her new husband.  She taunted him for almost 18 years over visitation, making him beg to see the children.   H bought them cell phones and was always sent to voicemail by the children, who only saw him as a source for gifts and money.   Add to this his uBPD F, a child in the body of an elderly man. Have you every seen a man in his 80s fume and pout?  It's a disgusting sight.

H has had a poor shake in his life, but that does not give him license to treat me like dirt, the last priority in his life (behind his adult children and grandchildren) and his punching bag.   I am now married and emotionally single. It took me years to get to this state.  I have my beliefs in God and have a spiritual center.  This helps me with the weekly divorce threats, withholding of affecting and broken items.
Notwendy

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 05:43:41 AM »

I agree with the others that religion is your Achilles heel. You've been able to be calm and collected with most things she says to you, but not with this. You react because it is meaningful to you.

I also agree that what she said was less about religion than feeling frustrated with the idea that you are always right and she is always wrong. ( her thinking). It's also a way to get you to react ( maybe not consciously). To her, if you react, then the two of you are still engaged emotionally with each other in the moment. It may also be her way of projecting pain. If she's hurting- this is a way to send that pain to you.

You two have had the "scripture arguments" before. In this situation, you bring God into the drama triangle. God either is used to "rescue" - prove one of you is right, or to be "persecutor"- prove one of you is wrong.

Maybe what could be helpful to you when your wife says these things is to not react, think about what she is really saying, and refrain from the triangle with scriptures- because I don't think that's the topic. She was trying to talk to you and you didn't understand her- and she got frustrated. I don't condone how she expressed it, but I think it's better to look at the feeling behind it than the words.

I do think it's appropriate to request she doesn't say these things in front of the children. I think at that point she may be shame triggered when you corrected her. But she's trying to tell you something.
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 10:00:30 AM »

My primary concern and source of disgust is that my wife publicly does these things.

My kids now have to consider that I've been declared not a christian, also separately a blasphemer, and now I'm also actually Jesus Christ.

The attempts of my wife to publicly reconcile, were worse than the original issue (IMO).  Lot's of justification and blaming me for what her mouth did/said.

This morning was an example.  She woke me up and did actually say that she shouldn't have said I was Jesus, yet she continued with "but"... ."that's really how I feel and it was my fault she felt that way and about 10 minutes of justification/proof for her point of view"

I let her know I heard her point of view and asked if she wanted to understand mine.  She verbally flopped around a bit attempting to not answer and then kinda said "she shouldn't have to... "

I let her know I would wait until she was ready to listen and that I couldn't imagine further conversation now being helpful for our relationship.

She sputtered and huffed... .then we got kids ready and out the door.

Then... .love bombing and uber niceness via text.

Ugg... I'm well aware that disgust is a very dangerous feeling in a relationship. 

I don't see it as my role to make it easy for her or pretend reconciliation has happened, when it hasn't.  I also don't see it as my role to save her from the exact reason I won't "join with her" and "teach Bible" or "teach our kids about God... "

The things she wants/and does teach are far outside the bounds of anything I consider moral/ethical.  I won't be involved with or in any way enable such things.

If that's upsetting to her or others... .I'll let them work through that.

FF

Red5

Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 12:40:36 PM »

... .I'm well aware that disgust is a very dangerous feeling in a relationship.

Very True FF,

... .what did they (we) always say about the new Squadron Skipper,

"leadership sets the tone"

Positive motivation is very contagious, .and as well bad morale, also very contagious.

Hope all is well this evening FF, ."steady as she goes",

Red5

“We are so used to our own history, we do not see it as remarkable or out of the ordinary, whereas others might see it as horrendous. Further, we tend to minimize that which we feel shameful about.” {Quote} Patrick J. Carnes / author,
GaGrl
Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 12:59:27 PM »

My first therapist once said that he can see a marriage will fail when one spouse develops contempt for the other. This makes me wonder, because so much of the BPD behavior appears to me to be contemptuous... .hey the other spouse or partner is holding the relationship togeyhet.

But if the non-BPD partner develops contempt, that could signal the end.

Disgust is a strong word, FF. How do you move past that?

"...what's past is prologue; what to come,
In yours and my discharge."
Skip
Site Director

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2019, 01:27:24 PM »

Just to add a different perspective here... .

Our faith is not measured by our ability to defend against what people call us. And that's important because if it was, we would use up a lot of energy defending our name that could be used do be a servant to God.

And its not for is to judge her sin... .that is as bad as the name calling.

Faith is often about priorities, perspective, barriers, and humility.

Besides, I don't believe your children will see you as the son of man. You still have to buy your wine.

She's pushing your buttons. Figuring out how to disable our buttons is one of those areas of growth for most of us around here.  

To me, this is very well said, empath.

FF, can you think of a different way to react if this happens again?

Notwendy

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 02:59:34 PM »

I don't think Baptists drink wine  

I agree that the kids can see for themselves that your wife's statements are not accurate and also, you've raised them with your morals.

I was also raised with morals and the ten commandments. Then, you see your parents stuck in traffic and they let out a  Cursing - won't cause site restrictions at Starbucks (click to insert in post) and you realize that your parents are humans, they goof once in a while, but those basic rules are still a part of who they are and who you are.

It was especially hard for me as a teen to see my mother behave in ways I was taught not to. It's my part to decide on my behavior- and not want to do some of her behaviors, but I am not the ultimate judge of her behavior. Also, despite the fact that some of her behaviors are inconsistent with the morals I was raised with- my parents were, at their heart, decent people. Decent people who sometimes made mistakes. Human like the rest of us.

Who am I to judge someone else as a sinner? We don't know another person's heart or their spiritual connection. I have enough on my own plate to judge and measure. If someone breaks the law, then they can deal with our legal system. If someone strays from a religious principle, then they will be accountable to God for that.  I agree she should not do this in front of your kids, but you know what, she has BPD and she's going to. I heard a lot worse about my father from BPD mom- but I don't believe it.

I think you staying on course with your own morality is the best evidence for your kids. Your wife will say what she says, but they see what they see.
empath

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2019, 03:08:55 PM »

Baptists, wine... .  When my son got married, they had a champagne toast. My Baptist parents-in-law pretended to drink the champagne... .  There was also dancing... .  They didn't stay long... .

Excerpt
My kids now have to consider that I've been declared not a christian, also separately a blasphemer, and now I'm also actually Jesus Christ.

Your kids have the advantage of seeing you and ffw and your lives on a daily basis. They are smart and know from what they have observed and what they have been taught. I know because my kids saw what my h did and said and how it didn't line up with what he was professing at church.

Jesus, himself, didn't spend a lot of time defending his identity or relationship with God to the Pharisees. They had already decided that he wasn't following their rules, so he couldn't possibly be God. At the same time, he continued to love them which included telling them that they weren't getting it... . He would "withdraw" when they wanted to stone him.

TBH, there are some "Christians" who think that it means following a set of rules and coercing others. Maybe being declared not a Christian by them is okay if we don't think the same way. Jesus will ultimately be the judge of that... . 
I Am Redeemed
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2019, 03:57:54 PM »

My take on her comment is that it was sarcasm fueled by resentment.

Since she is the person who primarily exhibits "problematic behavior" in the relationship, it stands to reason that these behaviors are being addressed as frequently as they occur, which to her may seem as though it is ALWAYS happening to her and NEVER to you.

It's not that you don't make mistakes. Everyone does. But she is likely focusing on her perception of being the one called into question more frequently and interprets that as always/never.

Hence the sarcasm.

It is frustrating to see someone profess a belief system and then act in ways that contradict that. Especially frustrating when that person then claims to be spirituality superior to you 

I would say try not to take it personally and lead by example. Sounds simple, but I know it's more complicated than that.

Redeemed

We are more than just our stories.
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2019, 04:54:59 PM »

Just to add a different perspective here... .

No is a complete sentence.  The less I say... the more powerful.

The issue not being directly addressed is our faith puts me as the responsible one for what my children are taught. 

While I get it I shouldn't drone on about it and that matches up with the teaching here an also my Biblical belief.  I'm not her Holy Spirit... .once I've clearly pointed out the wrongdoing it's not my job to convict her heart.

Also not in my job description to save her from her own actions, her own emotions.

Thinking about next time... .I said a sentence or two to many this time.  The part where I asked her if she was attempting to edify my likely triggered her more, since she likely couldn't figure out even a smart azz answer to get around that.

Plus... .I knew there was very little chance she was trying to edify me.

FF

formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2019, 04:57:46 PM »

Disgust is a strong word, FF. How do you move past that?

At the moment... I haven't a clue.  Time I suppose. 

It would be one thing if I thought about it and could figure out that what she did wasn't really disgusting... .

Anyone think of a better word for an adult teaching kids that one parent isn't a Christian... .and then saying he actually is Jesus.

Repulsive maybe?  The entire thing is icky...

FF

GaGrl
Ambassador

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2019, 05:20:18 PM »

The main aspect of where you are with your wife lately that is concerning is this continued gulf between you - the lack of emotional and spiritual intimacy that is such a joyful part of marriage. You have said you continue to be physically intimate, but certainly the lack of intimacy in other areas affects that also? It sounds, I don't know... .sad. A stalemate.

formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2019, 06:03:07 PM »

So... it's weird... .I suppose I have taken the "boundary" and applied it to different parts of my marriage.

So... .if we stay away from money and stay away from religious things... .I can have a good and enjoyable time with my wife.

We can cook together, go hang out for a couple hours, go to the gym with kids.  And yeah... .we enjoy intimacy, taking baths together.

I have this thing where when my wife "acts healthy"... .I try to "feed that" and when she acts unhealthy I try to "starve that".

I'm moving forward with different parts of my life... .but I honesty don't see a way forward on the money issue and religious issues. 

Why make agreements with someone that abrogates those agreements?

FF

empath

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2019, 06:47:53 PM »

Excerpt
Anyone think of a better word for an adult teaching kids that one parent isn't a Christian... .and then saying he actually is Jesus.

Repulsive maybe?  The entire thing is icky...

Agreed. Religious teaching to gain power over is just... .  yuck. BTDT, not rolling my eyes at the yuck was a spiritual discipline for me for way longer than I wanted. Honestly, I have heard the same things coming from my h in front of the kids. My kids know that well, their dad is a bit of a drama queen and don't really think that I'm either Jesus or not a Christian. My husband's parents, on the other hand, might think that I'm not a Christian because they only talk to him (I wasn't given the "Jesus loves you" kitch that they sent h and the kids). They've also inserted themselves and tried to teach my youngest about their views on the proper Christian way -- made her cry.

Anyway, our kids are smart and know when people are being inconsistent in what they say. You are teaching them through your life and your words and how you interact with all of your family.

What does the boundary look like when it's applied to your religious life?
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2019, 08:35:01 PM »

Good question about boundaries... .I've been turning that over in my head some.

Similar to finances... .I don't make agreements with people that don't keep their word. 

I don't worship with people that take the Lord's name in vain or in a mocking way.  (probably need to keep tweaking that statement, but I think you guys get the gist of it)

There are many religious things I used to find great satisfaction in doing, that are off the table now.  Reconciling a relationship takes two people with effort and the right "prescription".

I'm willing to do healthy things... .the things she is willing to do fall under the broad heading of "keep doing the same things and expect a different outcome". 

So... .I'll work on my own spiritual path and fulfill my role for the family as best I can and be clear in my communication.

Kinda scratching my head if there is a better way.  I'm open to suggestions/comments.

FF

Skip
Site Director

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2019, 10:17:30 PM »

I don't worship with people that take the Lord's name in vain or in a mocking way.  (probably need to keep tweaking that statement, but I think you guys get the gist of it)

Values and boundaries are hierarchical.  Is there not a higher value/boundary that trumps all this?

GaGrl
Ambassador

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2019, 11:50:20 PM »

I would return to this question of intellectual, emotional, physical, and spiritual intimacy. What is there/what is good? What is missing g, and why?

What is not integrated, and what is still hanging out there to be integrated into the "good"?

Notwendy

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2019, 05:33:07 AM »

FF, I think she said this with sarcasm. A better way would have been " FF always thinks he is right. He thinks he's perfect, like Jesus".

She's indicated that she wants to join the church and you are not on board with this at the moment ( you want to wait). You follow a religion that states you are the spiritual head of the family. This is, in a way, being a spiritual leader--- like Jesus. I can imagine she feels she has to comply with this, but she's also frustrated and resentful that she can't join the church she wants to join- because of you.

Both of you are frustrated. She's now a blasphemer to you, and you are the reason she can't join the church.

A main concern with her statement is saying it in front of the kids, but that doesn't reflect on you. It's on her. The kids know your values. She may continue to do and say things that are inconsistent with the kids' values but it is hard to control that. You have to do the best with this one- and the kids will see both of your behaviors.

So she said it. There is another way to look at this. One way is that, in a moment of frustration and poor impulse control, she said something inappropriate that didn't actually mean what she is trying to say. We've discussed this kind of "word vomit" when BPD people are dysregulating. They often choose something they know is hurtful. This is your Achilles' heel. My BPD mother chose mine- saying something mean to me about my father. I finally had to have a boundary with that- if she does this, I will disengage. She doesn't do this anymore as it has no power.

Stop being reactive in the moment  to her religious comments. They work for her, in the moment, the next moment she's probably feeling shame and trying to patch things up. Don't respond with another Bible quote or religious discussion. Her comments hook you as this is emotional to you. I don't diminish that, but perhaps changing your response will  diminish her doing this- which is ultimately what you want.

formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2019, 07:58:01 AM »

Is there not a higher value/boundary that trumps all this?

No for me.  That is an expression of my highest value.

What I believe the Bible teaches is your most important relationship is with God

Your next most important relationship is with your wife.

Then your kids.

Then those in your church

And so on.

If you get those out of order, an expected result would be less order in your life.  (order is not the best word... .still waking up at the moment).  Perhaps "more chaos" is appropriate.

FF

Skip
Site Director

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2019, 09:04:08 AM »

What I believe the Bible teaches is your most important relationship is with God

I'm not sure this is being challenged. The issue is name calling. "Blasphemy" denotes any utterance that insults God or Christ. She wasn't insulting God or Christ, she was insulting you. If I said, hey FF, do you think your Freud?, I'm not insulting Freud.

I'll just say it. You may be offended, but let's push this a little. Is your reaction vanity or is it faith?

In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, ~ Ephesians 5:25-29

To be clear, I'm not defending her action. It's in bad taste, no doubt. I'm trying to keep it in perspective.

formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2019, 09:44:58 AM »

Is your reaction vanity or is it faith?

I can't begin to imagine how this is vanity?  Please expand on how this expresses vanity?

FF

snappybrowneyes

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2019, 11:17:09 AM »

FF, I think she said this with sarcasm. A better way would have been " FF always thinks he is right. He thinks he's perfect, like Jesus".

FF, this is what I was trying to convey in my answer above, I agree with Notwendy. I don't think she was implying you were Jesus, just that you are "always" right/perfect, like Jesus. She is having the usual internal turmoil, inconsistent sense of self, and by you being "perfect" exacerbates those feelings. By her going to church she can tell herself that she is a good person. Since BPD people carry a sense of shame, going to church can be a double edged sword. It can make them feel better about themselves, superior to others, or it can point out just how dysfunctional they are, depending on the message preached.

I have been through this myself. As far as saying things in front of your children, I personally would walk away and not engage. She can mumble to herself all she wants. Your children will see your consistency. If they went to Sunday School they would have a third party verify the very things you believe. Just a thought.

I'm sorry I do not know your entire story but I was wondering if you have been to church with her before and how did your wife's behavior change? In my case, it made my husband feel like he was a better person than what the voices in his head were telling him during the week. He used to use it as a way to feel superior to others but that has completely changed.
We have had issues in the past where Pastors were ill equipped to counsel people that suffer with  mental illness. When that happens, it makes the BPD sufferer feel more shame. I actually picked up a short book last Sunday at church that focuses specifically on the Christian with Borderline. I have not read it all yet but I like what I have read so far. I will give you an idea of the premise, It addresses people with BPD and their emotional instability. It does hold them accountable for their actions but also gives them specific bible verses to focus on to help themselves to change and be more Christ like. It has the BPD person derive their sense of self from loving God first, the one who never changes and loves unconditionally. I will post more about it if you are interested.

As the legend goes, when the Pheonix resurrects from the flames, she is even more beautiful than before. Danielle LaPorte

And God help you if you are a Pheonix, and you dare rise up from the ash. A thousand eyes will smolder with jealousy while you are just  flying past. Ani DeFranco
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2019, 11:26:44 AM »

Sure... please post more and/or share the name of the book.  I'm always interested in other perspectives.

That very well be what my wife meant, or it could be something else.  Likely we'll never know.

This incident is certainly distressing, yet my longer term view is influenced more by the pattern than the exact details of any one utterance.

The reason the apology was worse was that in a time of "calm" she spent a considerable amount of time trying to "have it both ways"... .where she could technically be correct that she said the words "I shouldn't have done that... .then said "but"... .and spent a long time justifying her beliefs and words."   

Perhaps a better way of interpreting the diatribe was "I'm sorry you are hurt by the truth I know"

FF

Fian

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2019, 10:54:08 PM »

Then... .love bombing and uber niceness via text.

One thing to consider is that this was her way of apologizing to you.  A pwBPD has a hard time apologizing, so I can see her trying to say it in another way.
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2019, 07:29:37 AM »

I'm sure it is her way of apologizing.

I responded to those things in a positive way for what they are.  I don't want to go further and give the impression I'm fine with those things and thereby further enable/give positive reinforcement to BPDish ways.

FF

formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2019, 08:43:57 AM »

It would appear this morning is my "next time".

My strategy to respond differently was to delay any response to a private conversation.  Her public rant about me lasted about 30 seconds this time... perhaps a minute.  She said some nasty things about my motivations (that she can apparently mindread)... .yet at least today I wasn't deified.

We'll see if she actually will talk in private.  We agreed to me at 945.  Her suggestion on time.

FF 

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest