Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 10:33:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: non combative letter to show a court that I am willing to be reasonable  (Read 391 times)
yamada

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« on: March 11, 2019, 04:54:32 AM »

My uNPD sister has taken my parent to her house 6 hours away at the end of January and I haven't seen them since. She waited 2 days to tell me Dad had been admitted to hospital and said it was for a cough, not a heart attack which was the reality.  She told my adult children first...24 hours after he has admitted One lives in the Uk and the other was going to drive up and tell me. They said they would be there for emergencies only.
I think I have said how she secretly, behind my back took my parents to get their wills changed and my sister made an enduring power of attorney which puts her in control of money,.
My parents couldn't tell me this.
My mother was diagnosed 6 months before with moderate dementia and my dad cannot read what he signs.

I now get a message that my parents have to move to assisted care. And I have no idea what that means or I will be excluded and alienated from everything.
I have been advised to apply to have the enduring power of attorney revoked and a new one appointed either jointly with my sister or an independent.

I cannot speak to my sister as it escalates and right now she sends a message via my husband who she hates.
My mother has dementia and dad cant hear on the phone so I cant talk to them

However I have been advised to write her a letter asking  her plans and my inclusion in them and the decision making and such. In other words, don't do this behind my back.

its to show a court that I am willing to be reasonable for my parents and that she needs to be.

I have no idea how to write an emotion-free, non-combative,bland letter about the plan and my role in it.

its to show a court that I am willing to be reasonable for my parents and that she needs to be.

Does anyone have any idea how to write anything, bland. I know she will go off at the slightest hint of anything that looks like "controlling"

help please
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 12:10:58 PM by Harri » Logged
Harri
Retired Staff

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 12:13:25 PM »

Hi Yamada. 

I moved your topic to the law board as this is the best place to get help with the sort of letter you want to write.  There are people here who have been dealing with courts and lawyers for a long time and will have some really good input for you.

"What is to give light must endure burning." ~Viktor Frankl
yamada

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 09:13:58 PM »

tha nks. I am trying but its so hard when she will rear up at anything
ForeverDad
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: separated 2005 then divorced

You can't reason with the Voice of Unreason...

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 12:17:10 AM »

I have a thought or two.  No matter how blandly you word a letter, you have no assurance it won't trigger her.  So don't fret overmuch on every last word, it could very well be stressing over something you can't control.

If the will was rewritten to favor your sibling in some way, then you probably need local legal advice.  If the new will is to be contested, then be sure to secure a copy of the prior will.

Since many wills have a clause that state if a will is contested then that person contesting is shut out, determine how legally to address the possibility of a will made when the persons are not of sound mind or there is a question whether they actually understand it.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest