Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 08:12:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will and Living Trust Completed  (Read 718 times)
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2019, 04:41:18 PM »

Technically I do, but not to spare.  And no I wouldn't. A few thousand I might consider.  She blew off what she owed me before.  She said she could pay me $800/mo. Even at 4% interest, I don't see the upside for me.  She got herself into this mess.  She has a job and a nice subsidized condo.  She'll pull herself through.  We dropped martial arts ($125 for herself and another $125 for one kid). Time to go "gazelle intense" as dave Ramsey says. 

We could have a nicer life in a nicer house in a better neighborhood if not for her impulsive and unwise decisions. 

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
wendydarling
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Mother

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2019, 05:30:14 PM »

Good to be upfront you are leaving your BF 10%. I've done similar for my BF. My sister, she respectfully declined, she is set up for life.

Do you feel your will is off the table. You've been clear, you have closure?

Be kind, always and all ways ~ my BPD daughter
ForeverDad
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: separated 2005 then divorced

You can't reason with the Voice of Unreason...

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2019, 11:35:58 AM »

A radio personality who focuses on getting out of debt (yes, Dave Ramsey) says it is hugely unhealthy to loan money to friends or family (or accept a loan from friends or family).  Why?  There are strings attached.  There is high risk the repayment issues will poison whatever relationship there is.  Add in her known pattern and you're enabling and not helping.  He says if you do make a loan then mentally file it internally as money you'll never recover, an unspoken Gift.

And knowing her patterns, gifting her money now would only enable her to get into more debt and incentivize her to come back again and again for you to fix her problems.

Sounds like letting her inherit a lump sum will just feed her poor money decisions.  Is there some way it could be released to her in annual payments, say, over 5 years?  Sounds like I'm describing another trust or even an annuity for her.

Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2019, 02:34:50 PM »

Wendy: yes though the whole situation is concerning. 

FD: yes it would be enabling, similar to the money I and others gave my guest hoarder mother over the years.  My ex still owes me about $2500 to which she said "I buy more clothes and shoes than you do."

The life insurance is through work.  I'm not sure I can control how it's paid out. She will get monthly Social Security survivor's benefits if the kids are minors.  Hopefully that and the insurance are enough to ensure that she won't sue the trust for CS. I doubt she would though. 

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Harri
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2019, 09:20:11 PM »

Staff only

This thread reached the post limit and has been locked.  Please feel free to continue the conversation in a new thread.  Thanks

"What is to give light must endure burning." ~Viktor Frankl
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest