Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 12:55:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Son texted again..and violated restraining order  (Read 400 times)
Swimmy55
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Estranged

« on: May 16, 2019, 08:58:05 PM »

Hi All,
 Just need a dose of strength tonight.  Son texted me as recently as last week  May 6( I had unblocked his cell number tonight just to see).  Sure enough a long dirge of circular talk against his Dad and spilling his business to me ( I have no interest( .  Not threatening, but this is not supposed to happen, even texting, according to the restraining order.  I am going to have to notify the court, dammit.  Because if I don't nip it in the bud now, he will continue and become more emboldened.  He also apparently ordered something for himself but it came to my address today. 
I also have to stop opening his credit card bills to see if he has paid(nope) and what he is spending his $$ on. I have stopped paying these for him, at least.

Last but not least , it looks like I will have to cut off his car insurance because I think he thinks I am rescuing him.  Probably because I am.  I will make sure he is paid through June 30 but will cut it off.  I could certainly use the $200/month though.

His tax refund came to my house, but because of restraining order, I can't forward to him.  I have been trying to get in touch with his Father about giving it to him so he can give to our son, but no answer.  I guess I will notify the court about this as well..I dunno.  Strangely enough, my son didn't text about it.  This makes me think he has lost touch with reality, I mean who forgets money that is due to him? 

I really hate this.  Thanks for letting me vent. Paragraph header  (click to insert in post)

Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 09:00:38 PM »

yikes. rock and a hard place, indeed 

Excerpt
I am going to have to notify the court, dammit.

i dont have any legal experience with this...what will happen as a result?

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Swimmy55
Retired Staff

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 09:14:26 PM »

Worst case scenario- he could be arrested.  In this case though, he is not living in my county anymore ( I don't think)and there is no address on him, only a phone number.  Most likely, since the texts are not threatening, he mayn't be arrested.  However, there is a chance.   

Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 09:47:39 PM »

Tough situation, though it sounds like you have good wisdom regarding the RO. We've seen members on the romantic boards file ROs and then violate them when the other person reaches out.  Too bad his dad is a no answer. 

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Harri
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 10:19:39 PM »

Hi Swimmy.  I am so sorry you are dealing with this and that he violated the order.

I wonder if you know his fathers address?  You could put his refund check in a larger envelope and mail it to his father maybe?

Keep talking with us and keep us posted.   

"What is to give light must endure burning." ~Viktor Frankl
Swimmy55
Retired Staff

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 09:26:39 AM »

Thank you.  I don't have the father's home address, only his work. I texted him if it would be ok to mail to him at work and I received no answer.  I am reaching out to another family member to see if something can be arranged with the checks.  In the meantime, my mental health team as well as the court state filing a petition for contempt is the route to go.  It then gets brought before a judge and a hearing.  I am worrying 100 miles per hour though.  No one knows where he lives, he won't get the notice for hearing...
I guess I am worrying about stuff not in my control and all the "what if" scenarios. 

This is hard.  I am sick too, because a little part of me is waiting for someone else to deal with this and rescue me from it. 

wendydarling
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Mother

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 12:53:13 PM »

Hi there Swimmy

Sending you strength   we're here with you, you don't have to do this on your own.

Excerpt
Because if I don't nip it in the bud now, he will continue and become more emboldened
. You've got it.

I think that you are not responding (there was the email too) may help your DS understand overtime you are placing responsibility where it belongs and for me this ties to reporting breach of the RO, they'll have his email/mobile to send a notice (less it has to be by post where you are) and him receive it unless his accounts are closed through non payment.

I hope the family member responds favourably. Might they be able to send electronic copies of the tax return, latest credit card bill, the delivery and that from end June he'll need to pay his car insurance?

Do you think your exH has not responded because he's been also been recently burnt through trying to help, doing his best and is licking his wounds?

Swimmy do you have a friend who understands?

WDx

Be kind, always and all ways ~ my BPD daughter
Swimmy55
Retired Staff

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 10:02:26 AM »

Hi
Thank you for responding.  His father abandoned us when Son was about 10.  I suspect he had/has his own BPD issues, but never diagnosed.  Anyway his father appears, disappears etc in son's life .
I have made contact with a relative so hopefully I can send mail that way. 

I hate that I have had my own meds increased by my mental health team last week, since I have been just collapsing underneath all of this. 

once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2019, 11:25:15 PM »

Excerpt
I hate that I have had my own meds increased by my mental health team last week, since I have been just collapsing underneath all of this. 

it sounds like you are feeling defeated.

remember though, that you need a strong support system in place (meds can be a crucial part of that), and theres a great deal of ongoing stress. we all know what that does to a person.

any update regarding your son?

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Swimmy55
Retired Staff

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2019, 10:30:21 AM »

Thank you , Once Removed.
No further news on son at this time.  However he is in a bad state of mind so I expect this status to change .  I have been waiting for the other shoe to fall and hopefully my therapy , meds , etc will help me with that.  May 6 was the last of the texts so far.  Other relative no help- he told the cousin  that was helping my son.  The cousin stated he will let son know to contact me? Even though I explained that there is a restraining order in place and this is why I need their help . The cousin knows about this which is why he volunteered to take him in for 6 weeks.I have no words...

Meanwhile I sent the court the paper work with a letter stating son's mental status, the family having told him to contact me which could be why he texted me, etc.( His father previously  told son to contact me about his mail, knowing full well about the RO).   At least everything is in writing.  

Well, his relatives won't be of any help. I will just keep his mail until life changes up again .  I am letting this mail issue go mentally.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 10:59:30 PM by Only Human, Reason: Removed a name » Logged

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest