Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 04:24:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I shouldn't have shared my feelings.  (Read 1451 times)
loyalwife

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: married

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2019, 10:46:50 PM »

Hi Cat Familiar:
   You can say that again!
Excerpt
Being annoyed, frustrated, irritated are all triggers for nons. Because they aren’t as “big” a response as a dysregulation, we may not even realize that we might be triggered. Perhaps our BPD loved ones don’t realize when they start getting triggered either.

I can tell when my husband is about to go bonkers. He's doing it less than before, as I have noticed that he talks a lot about how "her kids are not part of our life anymore" etc. It might help him cope, but it triggers me. He tells people that my kids are no longer part of our life (his life maybe).  He will say rude and mean things about my son in front of of his friends, because that makes him feel better. Regardless, I get so angry inside, but can't discuss it as it will trigger him!

I found myself secretly disliking him last night after he fell asleep. I started thinking about my kids and how he has managed to 'get rid of them' from his life. I travel to see them weekly, sometimes twice a week for just an hour. The hope of them ever coming here to visit me is nil. I can't take a chance on him being 'triggered'.

He's being dishonest with me too. There is an upcoming industry trip, one that he said he would take me on at one time. He then changed his mind as it would cost too much. I found out today that he has bought tickets for one of his 'friends' and is putting him up at a hotel etc. You can imagine how I feel. He's not said a word about it, and it makes me think that he just decided to axe me from the plan. Rather than being honest, which I could accept, he's made this a big secret.

There was a time that he wanted me to be more of an assistant to him, and help him. Instead, he put off giving me work to do, and procrastinated on it all. It would have been better if he would have just told the truth. WHY IS IT SO HARD TO TELL THE TRUTH?  It makes me question any of his motives/plans etc. So, as a result, I have decided that I don't want to help him, and will not ask him if he needs it. When it came down to having to pay me, or share any of the profits he changed his mind. At the bank today, I made a deposit for him and the banker said "Ms...  You can check your balance online". Unfortunately, I have no access to anything financial. This sounds like a rant, and maybe it is. I'm finally getting sick of being treated like a second citizen.

I'm in my Masters program and starting a life coaching course soon. It's time to think about myself.  No more triggering him if I'm out of his hair.

***Kind regards***
*****always*****
        Loyalwife
Harri
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2019, 11:22:27 PM »

Staff only

This thread reached the post limit and has been locked.  Please feel free to start a new thread to continue the conversation.  Thank you.

"What is to give light must endure burning." ~Viktor Frankl
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest