Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 24, 2024, 03:49:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daughter and Lover share a common unbond.  (Read 360 times)
GeGe08
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« on: July 26, 2019, 11:37:21 AM »

My life is split with splitting; both my daughter and significant other have traits for BPD. I feel stuck in the middle because not only do they both have BPD, share the same Birthday, but have me as their favorite person.  They do not get along at all, which places me in the middle of high turbulence.  I, myself,  am a empath so I'm overwhelmed with emotions and distress.  My partner is getting help.  My daughter has said she'll get help but not with the knowledge or acceptance that she has any other problem than ADHD. She's definitely has BPD too with the narcissistic as well. She won't keep a job longer than 6 weeks,  her relationships are all turmoil,  she stays in fights,  and don't care about anyone but herself; everyone else is the problem,  according to her. I can go on and on about her but my goal isn't to assassinate but to bring life back. 
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Swimmy55
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Estranged

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 11:55:03 AM »

Welcome GeGe08,
Welcome.  You are at the right place.  Is your daughter a minor or adult?  It seems you are being yanked in two directions and where does that leave you?  Your daughter mentioned she would get help( that is great news) but in the meantime are you doing any self care?    Please share as you are able and please look around this website. This may be a good place to start.
 https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=334610.0

FaithHopeLove
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Shaky

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 01:12:59 PM »

Welcome Gege08 I am glad you are here and sad for the circumstances. It has to be rough feeling like you are always in the middle between your child and significant other, both of whom share BPD traits. I wonder if you have heard of the Karpman Triangle. Here is a great article about it.

Karpman Triangle

It may be very hard to relinquish the false hope that the other person will someday step permanently into the role of a responsible and giving adult, partner, or parent. We have to face our own outdated fantasies, feelings and beliefs and let them go before we can stop fixing, rescuing and caretaking the other person.

hugs
Faith
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 01:22:11 PM by FaithHopeLove » Logged
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest