Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 01:16:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In my case it just got worse and worse  (Read 405 times)
Dada69

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: September 17, 2019, 02:56:26 PM »

Mod note: This post was split from the following thread as it merited its own discussion: https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=339576.0

I am trying to adjust my own attitudes because I can't adjust her behavior. What else can I do?

I don't think that you can. I tried for a long time and it only made me feel guilty for her behavior because it never worked...

There is no easy answer. If you want to avoid a crisis, my reading is that you are not living thru a series of crisis' and you are lucky.

In my experience, things do not get better, if you read my own story, you will see that it even went as far as her accusing perfectly innocent people of raping her. Had I not been to the police, they would have been locked up. Knowing the US legal system, had it been there, they would be wearing orange by now and without an expensive lawyer, they would be rotting in a State Prison for years.

A few years ago, she befriended a man and then told him that I was planning to kill her. She also told him that I had access to his bank accounts on-line, he reported me to the local police and I was called in. Luckily, I used to work in Banking and managed to explain to the police that such accusations lacked minimum proof that all banks must provide. Still, it hurt me.

I was also held a gunpoint by a local policeman when I was trying to stop her jumping into a river, he thought I was mistreating her ...

All of this just to show you how far it can go...

I was also afraid of leaving her, surprisingly it is going well. Maybe now that we are split, I am no longer a target for her anger.

Over the past 10 years, I have visited more Police Stations and ERs than in the whole of my life before meeting her.

I would like to tell you that things will sort out, in my case it just got worse and worse.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 06:24:31 PM by once removed » Logged
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest