Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 05:25:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books most popular with members
Stop Caretaking the
Borderline or the Narcassist
Stop Walking
on Eggshells
Journey from
Abandonment to Healing
The Search for Real Self
Unmasking Personality Disorders

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BPD spouse making terrible accusations  (Read 410 times)
Oz2016

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: October 10, 2019, 02:53:11 PM »

Me again.

I’m not entirely sure how to title this thread but this is probably the best way.

So my BPD wife has her BPD MIL staying with us (see precious post). MIL has been co sleeping with my toddler son. Toddler son has had problems sleeping with her including bed bugs and getting sick because she has a cold she gave to him. He slept in the same room with me for five nights last week and was fine - slept great. I’ve now got to the stage where he is going to come back and sleep in my room again. But she wants MIL to do all of the nice stuff of reading to him, settling home etc and then once she leaves in a few days she wants to be the one to do it. I basically just sleep next to him and that is it. I strongly suspect that she does not want me to do things that will help me bond with him. When I said that I wanted to put him to sleep sometimes or read to him she accused me of being “obsessed” with my son and said I was “a little bit sick”. I was furious and pointed out to her that she has been physically violent towards me. She then turned round and claimed that I had hit her. She said she has told people that I did and that I am “marked”. I have never hit her and would never do so - when I challenged her to say when I hit her she said - “hitting isn’t just physical”. So basically she is counting any angry word or glance as if it is the same as actual physical violence.

I am really faltering here. I don’t know how much more of this treatment I can take. Please help me.
Cat Familiar
Senior Ambassador

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 11:58:16 AM »

Are you concerned that she will make allegations that will put you in legal jeopardy?

“The Four Agreements  1. Be impeccable with your word.  2. Don’t take anything personally.  3. Don’t make assumptions.  4. Always do your best. ”     ― Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
Oz2016

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 04:21:27 PM »

Perhaps though I doubt it. I have kept extensive records of our interactions in my diary so I think I am quite well protected. She could simply invent something that sounded fairly detailed but I don’t think she is that far gone. I am more concerned simply about the feeling of having been falsely accused of doing something so awful and of now having to worry about who of our friends thinks I’m some kind of monster
AskingWhy

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 01:36:36 AM »

A log of all encounters is a good idea.  Having a child can easily start a custody battle in case you are split by either one of them and they can easily make up accusations.  

People who are mentally unstable easily make up things to make others favor them both socially and in court.
Perdita

Relationship status: 5 years in

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 05:35:03 AM »

No one likes to have their good name smeared and then having to worry about who might have heard it and fell for the lies.  I think most of us on here have been through the smear campaigns.  It's truly horrible. 

I bet your bpd is excellent at playing the poor innocent victim.  Continue to keep a record of your interactions with her and, if you can legally do so, then secretly record her.  I know a lot of American states have laws about that so it depends on where you are.  I made a recording recently of him yelling all kinds of abuse to a car rental phone operator.  Nasty it was.  I want to do this more, but in the moment I am more inclined to follow our dog's lead and get the hell out of the house when he goes off.  Why do I do it?  I guess so that I will have some kind of proof.  Not that I  think any of his family and friends will ever even want to listen to even a fraction of it (denial and I am the crazy one after all) .  I guess it's to prove to myself that I am not nuts.  That these things really happened and continue to happen.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest