Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 07:38:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Parents! Get help here!
Saying "I need help" is a huge first step. Here is what to do next.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So thankful to have found this group  (Read 677 times)
sadstepmom2019
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Lives in our home

« on: November 13, 2019, 03:36:42 PM »

SO happy to have found this site...just beginning our journey with my 19 year stepson (who has shown BPD traits for many years and was recently diagnosed...) My husband and I are at our wits end...and emotionally drained. Just reading other people's stories is helpful. What should we do first? suggestions? Paragraph header  (click to insert in post)
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Panda39

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex
Relationship status: SO and I have been together 9 years and have just moved in together this summer.

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 04:13:01 PM »

Hi sadstepmom2019,

Welcome to the group  Welcome new member (click to insert in post)  I'm on a short break at work but did want to stop in and say hello Smiling (click to insert in post)

You are not in this alone everyone here has someone with BPD or BPD traits in their lives we "get it".  If you are like me when I first arrived here I was amazed at how similar our stories can be.

Here is a link on "How to get the most out of this site" just click on it to read more...
https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=331689.msg13020067#msg13020067

Can you tell us a little bit more about your family...How long have you and your husband been together? How old was your step-son when you came on the scene?  Do you have other children in your household?  What are you finding most challenging when it comes to your SS19 (stepson 19)? 

I hope you will continue to post, I have found this site and it's members to be very helpful and think you will too.

Hang in there  Virtual hug (click to insert in post)
Panda39

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and just said, I just don't care" -Pink
FaithHopeLove
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Shaky

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 08:09:05 PM »

Hello SadStepmom
I join Panda in welcoming you to this amazing group. We are glad you are here. You asked what to do first. The answer is self care. You have a long journey ahead and you will need to be strong. Coming here and writing your first post was a big step in the right direction. What else are you or could you be doing to care for yourself?
Hugs
Faith
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest