Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 03:37:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Parents! Get help here!
Saying "I need help" is a huge first step. Here is what to do next.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Teen Daughter with BPD need help with boundries  (Read 354 times)
Mom3girls
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: parent

« on: January 24, 2020, 11:37:17 AM »

I'm not sure where to even begin. The struggle and stress are unreal right now. Things are better than they were, but I all to often feel like I'm failing as a mother. I can't tell when I need to push harder or just let her be. She is my oldest and she's so disconnected with the family. I just really need some guidance from those that have been here before.
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Harri
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 02:25:22 PM »

Hi and welcome! 

Can you tell us more about your life and situation?  Hope you are coping and what sort of things you are having difficulty with?  We can definitely support you and help you as you navigate your way through your relationship.  The good news is that things can get better for you.  We have lots of parents who have been through or are in a similar place as you so you are in good company.

What sort of boundaries are you having trouble with?

"What is to give light must endure burning." ~Viktor Frankl
Mom3girls
Fewer than 3 Posts

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: parent

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 04:10:12 PM »

I feel like it's a constant struggle to get her to do anything from cleaning her room to taking a bath. There's always an excuse or reason why it can't be done or will be done later. If I push hard to get her to do things I'm a horrible mother and why can't I just let her be. Before we started mood stabilizers she might go cut herself because I put to much pressure on her to keep good grades, clean her room and other basic life task. Before the added meds she had severe psychosis, hearing voices and vivid dreams.
I see a rage on the horizon. She has let her grades drop in 2 classes. Not because she's struggling with the material, but because she's got multiple missing assignments (example vocabulary words). When asked why she's not completed the work, her reply it's stupid and she's not learning anything from doing it. I've told her if the work is not complete and she gets a bad grade there will be consequences. She will totally flip out when she's punished; cry uncontrollably, tell me I'm to hard on her, that I expect to much from her and need to understand her mental illness. If I don't give in she will cut or even start making suicidal threats.
I feel hopeless and lost sometimes. I mourn the daughter I had that was happy and outgoing. I wonder if I will ever see her again.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest