Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 06:24:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books most popular with members
Stop Caretaking the
Borderline or the Narcassist
Stop Walking
on Eggshells
Journey from
Abandonment to Healing
The Search for Real Self
Unmasking Personality Disorders

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks Like I'm Going Pro Se  (Read 355 times)
toomanydogs

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Living Apart

« on: March 05, 2020, 01:10:19 PM »

Okay, so in the category, "Can This Divorce Get Any More Bizarre?" two things have happened:

1) Found out my STBX-FIL stopped paying my attorney in December. As the trustee of the trust, there is a court order that he pay a little more than $2000 legal fees monthly, and he has not done so.

My attorney has not been aggressive in getting them to pay, and they wanted me to pay some $400 in back fees, which I did thinking they could hold my file until I paid it. Wrong. Probably out the $400

Now I am waiting for  my attorney to let me know if she has written the motion to withdraw as my attorney, so I can file on my own behalf and maybe, just maybe, I can get divorced by the end of this year.

2) A woman contacted me on FB messenger saying she'd been involved with my STBX and what a horrible person he is and what a liar. this woman contacted me under her own name and under a fake name. she also sent pics of the STBX with his new girlfriend.

she also tried to be "on my side" with a lot of "I don't know how you stayed with him so long."

I told her i was sorry but not surprised he'd lied. things got weirder with her seeming to get me to divulge information on him & on the in-laws.

turns out the woman was with STBX for only a day and a half, making me very suspicious that it was my STBX-MIL who either hired the woman or asked for a favor.

I think as I have said absolutely nothing about the family publicly that they (STBX-MIL or FIL) were trying to goad me into saying something negative, which didn't happen.

OMG, I need out of this.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world... Einstein
KingofTexas37891

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 06:42:13 AM »

It is not good to go pro se from what you write. You seem too emotional and cannot think straight.

Having a lawyer will help you manage your emotions and keep them in check.

Forget that FB contact. Is irrelevant to your court case.
SamwizeGamgee

Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 05:59:03 PM »

Divorce advice I have read is to close FB account - it just lets in flying monkeys.
I also would recommend extreme caution doing pro se.  We wouldn't do our own heart surgery, so a tricky divorce should be at least consulted with a good family law attorney. 
Aside, it seems that $2,000 a month in fees is crazy.  Just saying.

Live like you mean it.
david

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 06:37:36 PM »

I went pro se on a few minor things but that was it. Everything else I had a lawyer. Several times I really needed a lawyer with me and didn't know it until I was in court. Attorneys have ways to do things that would prevent you from protecting yourself later on.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest