Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 12:36:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anxiety  (Read 389 times)
KRs Mom
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Difficult relationship

« on: September 22, 2020, 07:45:46 AM »

I am constantly in a state of anxiety. It's not a matter of rather she is going to do something that hurts herself or others, it's just a matter of when and how bad is it going to be. I am seeing a counselor, but am constantly anxious. Does anyone else suffer from this and how do you control it?
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
happysad

Relationship status: married

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 09:36:53 AM »

Let me start by saying that it's great that you are taking care of yourself and seeing a counselor.

I hear you. I live in this constant cloud of anxiety, trying to guess what might trigger the next reaction. I have been trying to find some activities that I can perform along the day where I shift my attention to the moment, being mindful. It's hard sometimes, but I found that if I try short activities throughout the day I am more successful of disconnecting from my anxiety... like a 5 minute break to text a friend, to read a book... walk the dog... work on my photo albums... bake... anything that you usually enjoy... these 5 minutes may not see like a lot but they add up at the end of the day...

Also, you may want to check out the CBT tools offered here (top menu, under tools). They are a great help to ease our mind when anxiety kicks in.

Swimmy55
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Estranged

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 10:05:05 AM »

Welcome! I agree with HappySad.
~ Continue to follow what your therapist recommends on this.
~ I do the mini - meditation of :1. Breathe in 4 counts. 2. Hold Breath 4 counts.3. Breathe out 4 counts.4. Hold breath 4 counts.   Repeat as necessary.
~I do yoga via either zoom or youtube
~ Exercise is also recommended for anxiety but I am not consistent, especially since the pandemic.
~ Journaling , especially making a gratitude list of 3 things for that day, and / or adding 3 things you appreciated about your self for that day
~Finding a hobby/ a project.
~ aromatherapy ( lavender) .
~ Go outside for a few mins.
None of this cures the BPD and therefore may seem like a waste of time .( like it did for me initially.  ) I thought my main job as a mother was to cure my adult BPD son/ make him see the light. I still struggle with this. However, it is of utmost importance to try to put ourselves first  as it is so easy to get consumed with the BPD stuff.  
~ Click onto mine/ other people's names and you get previous posts and thus more of a backstory.  In my case, my adult BPD son 's actions forced me to preserve my life and health first, or else.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest