Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
June 01, 2024, 03:38:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harassing me on Facebook today, ugh.  (Read 399 times)
Rose409

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« on: August 14, 2021, 11:30:46 AM »

He's not a FB friend. The kids removed him too. I had him blocked but just as a test unblocked him a week ago to see if he was looking and sure enough. Apparently I'm evil for having no relationship status. I don't have ANY identifying info on there. Guess I'll ignore his tirade yet again ..
Cat Familiar
Senior Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2021, 09:55:25 AM »

Do you feel there’s any hope of the relationship improving?

“The Four Agreements  1. Be impeccable with your word.  2. Don’t take anything personally.  3. Don’t make assumptions.  4. Always do your best. ”     ― Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
GaGrl
Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2021, 10:47:19 AM »

I am wondering the same as CatFamiliar -- has the level and length of your H's behaviors reached a point that you can make a decision about your future -- with or without him?

You are at a critical life crossroads -- lots of change ahead. It must be difficult to ponder a life so different than imagined.

What is your head and your heart telling you?

"...what's past is prologue; what to come,
In yours and my discharge."
ForeverDad
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: separated 2005 then divorced

You can't reason with the Voice of Unreason...

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2021, 05:18:10 PM »

Usually the head is first to determine which is the best (or least bad) path to take forward and then the heart catches up in time.

What does your head or logic tell you?  Right now he's behaving himself, somewhat.  For now.  He knows there's a line he mustn't cross but he's skating awful close and believes these boundary violations such as stealing, hiding or destroying your personal or work items is okay.  It's not.  That subtle (and not so subtle) sabotage surely is limiting whatever counseling he is receiving in the program.  Have you watched the 1944 movie Gaslight?  That's where the term "gaslighting" comes from.  Little by little over the years you were conditioned to allow behaviors you would have rejected outright at the beginning.

Can you imagine whether there will ever be sufficient improvement?  Despite what seeming progress he makes in his classes or sessions, as long as his little sabotages continue he won't make progress.  Sorry.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest