Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 01:32:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: He won't look at me  (Read 473 times)
Sunflower123

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: March 31, 2023, 05:33:36 PM »

So, my pwBPD is still splitting. He has been spending a lot of time in his office. Today he had to come out for a while to do something in the living room. I tried asking him a question and he answered, but literally hid his face behind his clothing and turned away from me. He also lightly stomps his feet while I'm speaking to him. I also noticed that in other small interactions recently he will not make eye contact with me and likes to turn the other way when speaking to me or talk from a different room. It makes our interactions awkward. He never really did this much in the past, although when he's splitting he usually likes to communicate by text/email only even if we're in the same place.

Does anyone else experience something similar with their partner? Is this common with BPD or could it be something different?
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Bella2798

What is your sexual orientation: Bisexual
Relationship status: Together since 2013

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2023, 02:52:07 AM »

I've experienced it too. I actually never got to live with my partner although we've been together for a long time and we're now long distance, but we used to spend a lot of time at his house when we were near. And in splitting episodes he had, I remember he let me in, but went to do whatever he was doing before, even kinda talking to me but he used to look everywhere except me. And I remember talking to him from another room, it seemed he felt safer that way. I can even remember a time when I went to the room he was in to hear him better and he got mad over this. :-)
PineapplePenguin
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: Almost married

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2023, 09:52:03 AM »

My partner does this. When she has calmed down she says it's because she's ashamed of how she's acting but can't control it. I don't know if it will help others but I know for us, after she said this, if I validate her feelings she will become more comfortable and be able to look at me and we talk through what she has just gone through.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest