Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 05:29:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: broken heart  (Read 500 times)
Broken❤️
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: broken up

« on: June 04, 2023, 08:18:55 PM »

I was in a tumultuous relationship with a man with bpd for almost 3 years. We didn’t know what he had until I researched it to death. He was wrongly diagnosed as having bipolar disorder, new therapist agreed it’s bpd. Always so jealous and not trusting me and quick to snap. Things would get really hard but I wanted to stay to “help” him. I did love him so deeply and I felt sorry for his having had a horrible trauma filled childhood. Our relationship got more and more toxic until I got scared and left. He then sent a million terrible texts and phone calls and some pretty serious threats so I had to get an Order of Protection. Now he can’t legally contact me in any way for 2 years or he gets arrested. He has since apologized profusely and begs forgiveness, but I am not allowed to contact him. My heart aches for him from the good times plus I’m worried sick about what he’s going through. He sometimes can’t work and is a severe alcoholic. He has sabotaged all of his relationships and has no one to help him. I cry every day and have to hold myself back from trying to contact him even though I think I make things worse for him. Such a sad saga. I don’t know anyone who’s ever been through this before. Hoping to find others here who can relate.
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2023, 11:20:52 PM »

Quote from: Broken
He then sent a million terrible texts and phone calls and some pretty serious threats so I had to get an Order of Protection. Now he can’t legally contact me in any way for 2 years or he gets arrested. He has since apologized profusely and begs forgiveness, but I am not allowed to contact him

Good for you not responding. We've had members here violate protective orders they initiated by responding. Are there any repercussions for him for violating the order? Do you feel safe?

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
NarcsEverywhere

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Living Together

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2023, 11:40:58 PM »

It’s definitely a confusing thing for your heart to go through this. They are easy to pity because they play the cards that pull on your heart strings. You deserve better than to be so responsible for all the things he neglects, and to put up with abuse to do it too. It’s totally understandable for someone to end up so screwed up, but you can’t save someone from themselves. Hope you feel better.
Rev
Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced and now happily remarried.

The surest way to fail is to never try.

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 07:20:06 AM »

Hi Broken,

Thank you so much for reaching out. I am someone who also has a cease and desist order in place - although I suspect that my ex is more on the NPD side of the NPD / BPD spectrum.  She has since moved on and I have not really heard tell of her for two years.  Her ego couldn't take the rejection.

It sounds like you are dealing with something alot more complex. I can most certainly empathize with how hard, gut wrenching for some people, heartbreaking, to watch someone you love hurt themselves so profoundly. 

When we watch someone suffer, it is inevitable that we will suffer too. And suffering can play tricks on us - it can convince us that we've failed somehow, or that we are the cause of the suffering.  I wonder if that is not part of what you may be going through?

What do you think?

Thanks so much for reaching out.  You'll find good support here.

Hang in there.

Reach out again.

Rev
Broken❤️
Fewer than 3 Posts

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: broken up

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2023, 07:51:43 AM »

You are spot on! Thank you for responding, very helpful!
SinisterComplex
Senior Ambassador

Relationship status: Broken Up

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2023, 12:15:01 PM »

I was in a tumultuous relationship with a man with bpd for almost 3 years. We didn’t know what he had until I researched it to death. He was wrongly diagnosed as having bipolar disorder, new therapist agreed it’s bpd. Always so jealous and not trusting me and quick to snap. Things would get really hard but I wanted to stay to “help” him. I did love him so deeply and I felt sorry for his having had a horrible trauma filled childhood. Our relationship got more and more toxic until I got scared and left. He then sent a million terrible texts and phone calls and some pretty serious threats so I had to get an Order of Protection. Now he can’t legally contact me in any way for 2 years or he gets arrested. He has since apologized profusely and begs forgiveness, but I am not allowed to contact him. My heart aches for him from the good times plus I’m worried sick about what he’s going through. He sometimes can’t work and is a severe alcoholic. He has sabotaged all of his relationships and has no one to help him. I cry every day and have to hold myself back from trying to contact him even though I think I make things worse for him. Such a sad saga. I don’t know anyone who’s ever been through this before. Hoping to find others here who can relate.

Well broken, first...you found the right place. Welcome to the fam. Happy you found us, but truly sorry for the circumstances which led to you to have to seek us out.

With that said...your name...broken. The goal...put humpty dumpty back together again and help you become a better, stronger version of yourself.

So while the pain and the hurt is intense and it feels like it will never leave...it will. You are not the only one to go through this. You will find many have had similar experiences and circumstances to yours here.

Please continue to post and vent and share as much as you want to and ask as many questions as you need to.

In the meantime please be kind to you and please take care of yourself.

Cheers and Best Wishes!

-SC-

Through Adversity There is Redemption!
Rev
Ambassador

Relationship status: Divorced and now happily remarried.

The surest way to fail is to never try.

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2023, 06:36:13 PM »

You are spot on! Thank you for responding, very helpful!

Wonderful... in the sense that there is nothing like being seen I always say.

While none of this is fun by any measure, there is healing in knowing that we've seen things correctly. It is what helps up move forward into what life needs to look like for us to be better. 

For sure we wish it could be different - and in some cases, that is just not possible.  And as we grieve that loss, knowing that there are others who get it makes it a little easier at least.

We're all in your corner because someone was in ours before you posted about your story. One day you'll pay this forward.

Hang in there.

Reach out any time.

Rev
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest