Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 16, 2024, 10:45:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird Situation  (Read 382 times)
joel050283

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: January 21, 2019, 09:02:55 AM »

So finally after 3 months of pretty well no contact, I am  feeling much better, fleeting moments here and there but I am confident and feel like my old self. I feel strong and not worried about running into her or going back into my old routines.

I finally contacted her to forward the pictures I finally got a from a trip we went on, and just said hope all is well.

I got a response simply saying hey can you give me your friends chucks phone number. (She already has his contact info)

I am so confused as to what this is all about.  A few hours later - my buddy texts me and is like why is your ex contacting me? (he isn't a big fan). 

I can only think of one of 2 things she is trying to make me jealous, or she is looking for her next source.

Any thoughts?
gotbushels

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 09:35:10 AM »

joel050283   Welcome new member (click to insert in post)

Any thoughts?
I can only think of one of 2 things she is trying to make me jealous, or she is looking for her next source.
(She already has his contact info)
Yes I think your thoughts could be quite accurate. pwBPDs are known to coerce people into drama triangles.

Do you see her trying to create a possible triangle between the three of you? If so, what do you want from this situation?
joel050283

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 09:36:58 AM »

I am not stressed about the situation causing drama, my friend is very loyal she wont be able to cause issues between us.

I guess I am just trying to understand if that its her motivation, so perhaps its time to just reblock all the accounts to avoid any drama, if she is going to involve people in my life.
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 01:58:53 PM »

hi joel  Welcome new member (click to insert in post)

I am so confused as to what this is all about.  

its hard to say. did your friend go on the camping trip? did he mention what she said to him when she contacted him?

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 05:24:20 PM »

Hi joel050283,

She hasn’t heard from you in 3 months maybe she lost the contact and was worried that she won’t be able to get in touch with you. If she has him as a contact the. Your friend probably already knows that I wouldn’t go into an explanation there might not be a motive here a pwBPD have poor r/s skills it could be just that. I’d hold off on doing a hard no contact and just wait and see what happens.

Personally it sounds awkward I wouldn’t think too much about it.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
joel050283

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 11:24:00 AM »

*Update.

So the situation turned really weird.

She started the conversation off in email by saying I don't talk to 35 year old men who date 19 year olds (not true).  I explained I don't know what you heard but its not true.  So she was like oh ok I just heard you were.

After the initial contact, she sent me a message and said hey I added you on this chat app, and I lost you phone number. So I figured worst case we can catch up.  She told me I hope you are well.

So I sent an email later that day because I couldn't figure the app out, and gave her my number. So at this point things were going well, were going to check in and see how eachother is - and I made it clear as friends only.

That night I get an email - saying not to contact her anymore she wants nothing to do with me or my life.  So I responded and just said I am confused but ok if that's what you want, I ended contact.

This morning I get a very nasty email telling me where to go and how doesn't give a fly **** about me and never to talk to her.

I am just so perplexed by this behavior... .one minute wants to talk then despises me and nothing happened in between.

Lucky Jim

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 02:15:51 PM »

Excerpt
I am just so perplexed by this behavior... .one minute wants to talk then despises me and nothing happened in between.

Hey Joel, It seems you have crossed paths with the rare Pushmepullyou animal from the tales of Dr. Doolittle!  Seriously, this appears to be another example of "I love you/Go away," the dynamic that is so typical of BPD, in which a pwBPD basically yo-yo's between Fear of Abandonment and Fear of Engulfment, to the frustration of the Non.  It's a roller coaster ride, my friend, until you determine that it's time to get off.

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
joel050283

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 02:38:44 PM »

That makes sense - I am off the rollercoaster, I don't think maintaining and level of contact is going to be healthy, if that is what it is going to be like. I don't need the stress or to waste my time trying to figure out what is going on?
gotbushels

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2019, 10:02:52 AM »

Hey Joel, It seems you have crossed paths with the rare Pushmepullyou animal from the tales of Dr. Doolittle! 
LMAO.
Lucky Jim

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 10:24:55 AM »

Excerpt
I am off the rollercoaster, I don't think maintaining any level of contact is going to be healthy, if that is what it is going to be like. I don't need the stress or to waste my time trying to figure out what is going on?

Hey joel, That sounds like a realistic and healthy approach to me!  It's doubtful that you will ever figure out exactly what went on with her because BPD is such a complex disorder.  It's time to move on, my friend.

LJ

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest