Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 16, 2024, 08:09:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: just need to get this off my chest  (Read 347 times)
Idsrvt2

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: March 31, 2017, 03:16:51 PM »

How, if this is so difficult for me, is he able to just go about his life and delivering mail and walking down my street every single day.

as I sit in here crying away most days now.    two weeks since I saw him in court.  I could have easily dropped the protection order too... and i did not.  but how is someone that exhibits BPD qualities so easily able to just not act impulsively ?

I guess for him his job and getting arrested come into play as does his ability to get his arsenal back... but still I guess I was thinking he wold have tried to do something by now. 

I keep thinking I just wish he was normal, or I should have answered his call... .to being angry he knew he had mental health issues and hid them from me so well.   

This is way worse than any breakup... .and I really do not think I ever will date again.  I felt a very comfortable bond with him, safe with him, yet how I communicated was not the best.  I wish i could just go back in time and change somethings I said, not used text to communicate and realized just how bad my texts made him feel

I assumed he was a narcassist.  i was wrong.  he would tell me he feels deep deep empathy for people and when he hurts someone he really hurts for a long time about it.

I hate how i feel like i failed in someway, I guess I just thought he would go and get help and I could be supportive... but he saw any texts i sent as me lashing out.   

Its not even been one full month since we split up... but this just seems to get worse each day now.  I guess because I was so used to us getting back together... .and now we have a court order of no contact.   
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 03:46:22 PM »

youve suffered a big blow. my heart goes out to you 

it was a small comfort for me, but some comfort nonetheless, to expect my healing not to be linear - that there would be extreme highs and lows, without a necessary rhyme or reason, and that things may get worse before they got better. but they did get better. one month is really not a long time for wounds like this to heal.
it will get better. hang in there.

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Lucky Jim

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 04:09:45 PM »

No, you didn't fail; you succeeded in getting a protective order.  I'm sorry to hear that you are in pain.  As Once Removed notes, it does get better, so give yourself a chance to heal.  Be good to yourself instead of beating yourself up.  It's doubtful that anything you could have done differently would have changed the outcome.  Some relationships are not built for the long haul, and this sounds like one of them.  In the meantime, I understand that it's hard.  Suggest you just observe your feelings without the need to do anything in particular.

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
Idsrvt2

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 05:14:05 PM »

Thank You, and yes it is a big blow.  I wrote my story on here a few days ago but it didnt get many replies.
He got the protection order first after he said he was not going to so it came out of nowhere... i just wish I guess I received some closure that Sat he tried to reach me via text and phone and asked what he needed to do to go in peace.   

I accepted him for all he was, we were supposed to start going out more (as he has been reclusive for six years now)  but I guess it got to be too much for him and he felt i deserved better --  hes the first person I cold be myself around and I felt accepted me as well.( i have health issues he was familiar with etc)

i was to move in with him... i could go on

I feel like no one can really help me, that this pain I feel is just so deep at times , that I just sit and cry.
hes my mailman still until I move from here... I see him sometimes and its just like he goes about his life-- I mean how he can still work this route and see my car and house daily I have no clue.   

He looked very scared in court and the first time I just wanted to say why did you do this to me... like why.  but I had family with me urging me to keep fighting for my protection. 
the 2nd date... i had an attorney and well she almost got me to agree to less time...   the x was only wanting a month ( oddly until i was out of here)  which makes no sense at all.   

none of this makes sense and July i see him again in court   

I guess this is what he meant by not wanting to hurt me... he knew this is who he is and what he does... and why he hides alone in his room.   

some moments I hate that i met him, hate that he made me laugh, hate that I made it a point to talk to him, thinking he was just shy like me...  

so tonite I cry... and try and heal and im sure hes sitting in his room like all is ok. 

youve suffered a big blow. my heart goes out to you 

it was a small comfort for me, but some comfort nonetheless, to expect my healing not to be linear - that there would be extreme highs and lows, without a necessary rhyme or reason, and that things may get worse before they got better. but they did get better. one month is really not a long time for wounds like this to heal.
it will get better. hang in there.
GlennT

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: Single

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 04:18:38 AM »

This is a very interesting relationship. He can work, so he is not fully reclusive and psychotic. Yet, he is able to disassociate from reality and split into a He, who can also be a She, and back into a bad He. Plus, he hears voices, has no friends or social life, gets a PO on you, and just wants to stay in his room for years alone online. This is why he can still deliver mail to your house without hesitancy. You are now in a safe zone away from him, which is where he always wanted you to be. In reality, he is paranoid, with psychotic tendencies, suffers with role confusion, self-hate, depression, has guns, and a whole Ragu garden variety style sauce of avoidant, disassociative, schizoid, paranoid, etc. personality disorders. Still yet, after all this, he can act normal for four years in the beginning of your relationship. This is the royal flush of all mind-f*** games ever played imo. Sounds like Anthony Perkins in Psycho. Where are his parents? Yours is one of the most interesting relationships I have read here. You will heal from this trauma bond with time if you move, build better relationships, and don't break NC. Breaking NC will catapult you back to the beginning of the pain    

Always remember what they do:Idealize. Devalue. Discard.
Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.~ Churchill
Idsrvt2

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 06:55:02 AM »

Thanks so much for your reply... .I'm dealing with some equally upsetting family issues now with my disordered father ... and going thru this breakup has me on the edge... .today I woke up thinking breaking the PO wouldn't be so bad... .I mean he wanted less time anyway.
That's the very odd thing about this all... .he wanted it dropped after I filed mine.

Yes four years of him making normal conversations ... .even when we were seeing each other he came to me about a month into it and told me what he had going on and how he has realized he needs professional help.  He was stunned I was not angry at him as he expected me to yell n kick him out as he knew I had tons I was dealing with in my own life .  He also wondered why I wasn't mad that he hid this from me and basically lied to me about who he was.  He often would say that telling me that he was loosing his schit mentally was tough for him to admit.
One day while working he showed up at my door crying... .that was before all the breakups happened

Each break up was triggered by me first saying I was leaving him.
Except in the very beginning, when he won me back twice and convinced me that I needed his support with all I'm dealing with in my life.

I wish I knew why the dynamics changed ... I'm just not really sure other than possibly maybe he is very ill again like he says

I sent his mom a nice msg on Facebook during the breakup ... very nice despite the hurt I was in letting her know he is slipping, wants to kill himself etc... .she replied and then I replied back some of what he was saying, how he feels he's like his father in all this with me and fears that.
She replied he's nothing like his father as he is honest.  And for me to stop texting.

I knew then I lost here, and I guess she is blind to his illness... .I just don't get it... .either he's making it all up how the father abused and molested him... or she just never sees this side of her son.

In court she smiled at us a few times, however st the last court date she did not... .his cop smile member was there... .I believe it became his fear of me vs him getting those guns back... .why else want a PO dropped?

And he also knew the posibility of me still moving and living in this neighborhood... .I mean I like it hear and he is well aware, yet refused to change his route? 
My family just does not understand all I'm going thru with this... .this is far from a normal breakup.

The thing he would say is that when in uniform being in it makes him act differently but lately even the uniform doesn't help .
I suspect he's taking lexapro which makes him have no feelings... .otherwise how he can stand at the end of my driveway baffles me.
All of this is baffling ... .it's like why is the postal service not ordering a psych evaluation, even he himself said he was shocked they didn't after he supposedly told his bosses he was going through personal issues, now he has a PO on him and still allowed to work.

I always felt I was the only one trying to get him help and in the end that last text was what got him to get the PO

So yes today I feel like just going out there and breaking the PO

Why should I be trapped inside as he can move so freely... .

I hated him for a few weeks, I no longer do now... .I just wish he knew all I really am dealing with... .he only knew a fraction of it... .  he acted so helpful ... I just wish he could have stayed and helped me thru this... .a PO was not needed.   I just don't get it

This is a very interesting relationship. He can work, so he is not fully reclusive and psychotic. Yet, he is able to disassociate from reality and split into a He, who can also be a She, and back into a bad He. Plus, he hears voices, has no friends or social life, gets a PO on you, and just wants to stay in his room for years alone online. This is why he can still deliver mail to your house without hesitancy. You are now in a safe zone away from him, which is where he always wanted you to be. In reality, he is paranoid, with psychotic tendencies, suffers with role confusion, self-hate, depression, has guns, and a whole Ragu garden variety style sauce of avoidant, disassociative, schizoid, paranoid, etc. personality disorders. Still yet, after all this, he can act normal for four years in the beginning of your relationship. This is the royal flush of all mind-f*** games ever played imo. Sounds like Anthony Perkins in Psycho. Where are his parents? Yours is one of the most interesting relationships I have read here. You will heal from this trauma bond with time if you move, build better relationships, and don't break NC. Breaking NC will catapult you back to the beginning of the pain    
Idsrvt2

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 07:25:44 AM »

I forgot something else, during the last breakup over the phone he said that his sister was right about me she told him I would hurt him.  That is a very odd dynamic as supposedly the sister is overprotective of him. Often he would mention the sister think I would burn his neighbors house down if we broke up. I had to tell him to please stop mentioning the break up as that is hurtful to me as I do not want to break up.

He was so protective of his online life that is why he dumped me... that was more important then him helping me pack and move from here, helping me get thru my health issues etc.
He told me he feels no connection to people and can't form bonds or get close... .yet he sure faked it... .I felt raped and violated and lashed my out at him... .I was in horrid pain after treatment on my spine n there he was breaking up with me over the phone.  Then all my texts were too much for him, yet weeks prior I was easily blocked... .I really think,this guy needs in house treatment ... .I guess he never thinks about me otherwise someone trying so hard to help me wouldn't be able to live with themselves.   All he cared about was me reporting him to his work... which I was in the right to do so as most of this took place while he was working.   He threatened the PO while working via text... .I still wish I had talked to him that day he called... .if to just have closure and tell him all I'm dealing g with... .I mean getting a PO on me really pushed me to the edge... .it's not something u do to someone already struggling.

If I say anything in July at court I may just ask why
patientandclear

Relationship status: single

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2017, 11:55:40 AM »

He has already told you why: he says he cannot form bonds. It seems as though the missing ingredient here is acceptance that that may be true.

I know how confusing it is for someone to appear to be deeply capable of bonding and to seem to do that with you, only to have it give way. But the pain doesn't mean you don't know "why."

This is not an easy set of behaviors for him to change because the behaviors are a compulsive response to feelings that are real and arise from sources pwBPD may be only dimly aware of. It is likely he doesn't do better at bonding because he doesn't know how to deal with his negative feelings about being so close. Those feelings arise not from what is actually happening much of the time. He is likely facing dread and fear that come from before you. It doesn't make sense in the context of you but it does make a kind of sense in the context of his life as processed through the lens of a personality disorder.

Idsrvt2

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2017, 01:32:09 PM »

Thank you and yes he has explained to me that supposedly he was raped by the father at a young age and actually tourtured in a sense during some work event he took place in.  Im not sure how much is true or some of it delusions.   

the why that i would ask is why get the PO on me and make my life so much worse.   Things had calmed and i sent a nice closure email  to him then im slammed with it i can only guess because i did not answer my phone to him.   but early on he had said his family said he should get a PO and many times he warned me about putting things in writing.   his case was weak, mine was too, except he has an arsenal... .  it seems i was the only one fighting to get his guns away from him.   his family was all there ... that i do not get.    he sat there looking so scared , like he often would when i went to his house.   
I just was letting the cat inside and saw his truck... .i just have no clue how he masks up and still does the mail.

He has already told you why: he says he cannot form bonds. It seems as though the missing ingredient here is acceptance that that may be true.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest