Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 14, 2024, 03:55:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Acknowledging the facts..making some personal rules...all play  (Read 346 times)
dumpsterdog

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: April 13, 2018, 01:02:20 AM »

Many of us have been on here for a while. We all share and care... and sometimes, myself included, even though we know the fish arent biting, and others have told us to fish in better waters, we keep going back to the same old swamp and using the same bait... .because one day... long ago, we remember catching a big fish by using the same tactics.

FACT... .It was a fluke. there aren't really any good fish in that swamp, but for whatever reason, the tide was just right , and a really nice big fish got into that pond one day, and we happened to be there with the right bait, and we caught a big one... a world record... nice , sweet , great sex, good cook,  the best fish we could have ever even fantasized about catching.
So... .We were so proud of that fish, we kept it in a cooler by the back door, just so we could keep seeing it everyday, and showing it to our friends, and trying to keep it alive so we could keep reliving that special feeling of a successful catch of something way beyond our wildest imagination.

Eventually, we discovered  it was beginning to smell bad, and wither , and not look , feel or act the same at all... .it was dying... .so we changed the water in the cooler to try and keep it alive... .over and over again... .

it finally died anyway. The thrill was gone, the fish was dead. The only rational thing to do was to throw it out... .
so . we threw it out and buried it in the back yard by the garden.

And just when we were tired of telling the story, and wishing the fish was still alive, and had pretty much forgotten the whole thing... .the dog dug it up and brought it up on the porch. We saw it, realized what it was, and tried to put some water on it to get it to come back to life... .

It didnt... .the first time, or the second time, or the third. No amount of water would make that a good fish again... .it was dead , and had been buried, and no amount of digging it up and pouring fresh water on it would ever  bring it back to life. It was a great adventure and we loved telling the story and remembering the thrill it gave us... .BUT IT WAS ALWAYS GOING TO BE JUST A DEAD FISH FROM NOW ON.

I just told that story to illustrate to myself , that... .my fish is dead. period. Every now and then when i walk in the back yard, it still stinks, and reminds me its dead in my backyard somewhere... .and thats just all there is left of it... .and it isnt pleasant to even think about it anymore.

I have a new interesting female friend now. She is nice, sweet, thoughtful, caring, polite, decent , and treats me and my family with respect. and of course, my ex has started texting me again... out of the blue... WHY... BECAUSE IM DONE , OVER HER, AND NOT PAYING ANY ATTENTION TO HER AT ALL.

So, now i see the point others have made on these boards... .when detaching... .TRULY DO THAT... MOVE ON... .GET YOUR LIFE BACK IN ORDER, DO THE THINGS YOU LIKE TO DO, AND YOU WILL MEET NEW INTERESTING PEOPLE OF THE OPPOSITE SEX... .

And then when you smell that dead fish in your back yard. you will see it for the foul , smelly, offensive, useless creature it really is... and hopefully fish in different spots in the future and enjoy your days on the lake , instead of carrying a dead fish around in your back pocket that just makes you offensive to any new friends and potential romantic partners you may acquire.

If this makes sense, good... .I hope it helps some others get the point... leave the dead fish behind and forage on to new waters... if it doesn't make sense, at least im glad i got it off my chest.

comments welcome.

Dead fish are good for nothing above ground.

Cromwell
`

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 01:21:36 PM »

Thank you so much for this, especially the hope (but dread) of taking advantage of meeting someone knew (and there have been people available) and the expecting to be harassed because of it. Like you said, it is about not giving any attention anymore (whether for good or bad behaviour)

figuratively speaking, I did throw mines back in aswell. Sadly it seems to have been one of those zombie fish and im afraid of it launching itself out of the water and back on board again.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest