Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 15, 2024, 03:42:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This Too Shall Pass  (Read 334 times)
InATimeLapse

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: January 16, 2015, 07:26:25 PM »

It’s been 5 weeks of NC since breakup.  I can honestly say that I’m in a much better place emotionally right now.  Though I still miss her a lot and I still shed tears at least once per day.

I still think that she and I could have made a great couple if it weren’t for the BPD-like behaviors.  I’ve been looking back on our relationship and thinking about how things would have probably played out had it been a healthy relationship from the start.  Like,

We would have never stopped doing the things we loved to do but rather have been a source of mutual encouragement and support to become better at doing those things - together, with each other. 

I would have encouraged her to possibly broaden her horizons in terms of the academic subject she was pursuing but walked away from, perhaps even to merge it with the subject matter I know well in order to help create a new ways of doing things that are very, very marketable right now.

We would be living day-to-day consistently feeling the warmth of knowing that we’re both loved, admired, and appreciated… and that we’d never want to even think about being with anybody else ever again.

Arguments would still occur, but they’d happen very rarely and only about really trivial things like putting the cap back on the toothpaste or who’s turn it was to make dinner.

We would be planning our wedding and perhaps even marking down the due-date of our first child, both being super excited and nervous about being parents.  And then we would be looking for a new place to live so that there’d be room to put a crib.

I was truly in love with her and I wanted a loving, peaceful, safe, mutually-beneficial, warm, affectionate relationship with her.  I tried my hardest to create that life with her.  I loved her with every ounce of strength I had. 

I’m now reaching Acceptance.  Acceptance that there were things at play before we even met that interfered with those dreams becoming a reality.  And that I must now find somebody new to share those dreams with.

Sadly, this too shall pass.
hope2727

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 08:08:01 PM »

It’s been 5 weeks of NC since breakup.  I can honestly say that I’m in a much better place emotionally right now.  Though I still miss her a lot and I still shed tears at least once per day.

I still think that she and I could have made a great couple if it weren’t for the BPD-like behaviors.  I’ve been looking back on our relationship and thinking about how things would have probably played out had it been a healthy relationship from the start.  Like,

We would have never stopped doing the things we loved to do but rather have been a source of mutual encouragement and support to become better at doing those things - together, with each other. 

I would have encouraged her to possibly broaden her horizons in terms of the academic subject she was pursuing but walked away from, perhaps even to merge it with the subject matter I know well in order to help create a new ways of doing things that are very, very marketable right now.

We would be living day-to-day consistently feeling the warmth of knowing that we’re both loved, admired, and appreciated… and that we’d never want to even think about being with anybody else ever again.

Arguments would still occur, but they’d happen very rarely and only about really trivial things like putting the cap back on the toothpaste or who’s turn it was to make dinner.

We would be planning our wedding and perhaps even marking down the due-date of our first child, both being super excited and nervous about being parents.  And then we would be looking for a new place to live so that there’d be room to put a crib.

I was truly in love with her and I wanted a loving, peaceful, safe, mutually-beneficial, warm, affectionate relationship with her.  I tried my hardest to create that life with her.  I loved her with every ounce of strength I had. 

I’m now reaching Acceptance.  Acceptance that there were things at play before we even met that interfered with those dreams becoming a reality.  And that I must now find somebody new to share those dreams with.

Sadly, this too shall pass.

How lovely. You have written a truly beautiful testament to your relationship as you saw it. I feel much the same way about my ex. You will find someone worthy of that love who can reciprocate it in a healthy way. Don't give up.
myself

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 08:16:57 PM »

Nice post, speaks for many. Sorry for your pain. Hopeful for your future.
Tibbles

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 01:39:51 AM »

Loved the post - bought tears to my eyes. What myself and so many others wanted with our ex's. What we lost and grief for. x x x
christin5433

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 09:39:30 PM »

That was nice to read . The problem is in my situation her behavior was progressing for the better but she got a kidney stone and started taking oxycodone. Out of no where her BPD became so strong . It went from manageable to psychotic . She kept fighting for 2 weeks straight . I did love her too and we had a pretty good life and family . She pushed me to a point I had to let her go along with her threat. It was too much verbal and emotional abuse trying to get me to react . Which I didn't ... .Now NC is all I do it's been 4 days and it is a weird place like we never existed ? Is that how u felt ?

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest