Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 11, 2024, 07:51:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What have YOU done for yourself today?  (Read 371 times)
Ahoy

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: April 17, 2016, 06:03:20 PM »

Let's admit it, most of us do things for other people. Most of us have spent the past days, months, years only thinking and doing things for our significant others (and we all know how that went Laugh out loud (click to insert in post))

So go on, what are you doing for YOU today? If you are like me, feeling a bit sorry for yourself, do something special! I haven't bought myself anything special in a long, long time, I'm going to order 10 books I've been meaning to read so I can spend the next month(s) immersing myself in them.

Now we are single, it's all about us? Damn straight it is!  Smiling (click to insert in post)
Dhand77

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 06:12:01 PM »

Today has been my first truly motivated day in months. I bought new clothes. Got a new haircut. Did 50 push ups and 50 crunches. Scheduled an appointment with the optometrist to get my prescription updated and get some modern styled glasses and enjoyed the park with my nephew then came home and we recorded a YouTube video.

Today I learned that pain is the ULTIMATE motivator and living well is the best revenge.

I know I won't get the remorse or regret I want from her sitting in my house sulking. So I'll just let her see this Frankenstein she's created, which she won't get to enjoy.
hope2727

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 06:12:57 PM »

Well yesterday I rode my new motorcycle over 200 km. Today I felt kinda yucky so I just puttered around the yard and did some spring clean up. Now I am enjoying an adult beverage and waiting on some yummy chicken wings.
JerryRG

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 06:19:05 PM »

Good idea Ahoy

I went to church and went with family for pizza and tonight AA
Ahoy

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 06:27:32 PM »

This is all good stuff!

To those reading who are thinking about spending the day sulking, get out there and be selfish. I'm now going to have pizza for lunch too (cheers jerry) and a movie marathon is in order.

Stripey77

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 06:28:01 PM »

I cleaned and sorted things in my house. Played with my budgies (parakeets) who were a birthday gift from my parents and an absolute life saver over the last few months... .they really are the lights of my life. Then I went with a friend for a fab traditional British Sunday roast in a pub in the blazing hot sunshine by the seaside. (I live in Spain) Then I hung out on the beach for a while with friends. Later in the evening I went for a long beach combing session, as I love collecting sea glass, and found a fantastic hoard, including several heart shaped pieces (a bit of a tradition). I always like to think of this as a sign. I went to a lovely house ware/spiritual shop we have here and treated myself to a couple of items to furnish my 'dream workshop' room, where I hand weave customised dreamcatchers. I put one item back, then thought no! I work hard enough for my money, I want it and I really like it. So now it's mine.  Smiling (click to insert in post)  Then I ordered a pizza from my friend's place by my house, went home, watched some comedy and had a couple of beers with the pizza... .and why not, it is Sunday after all! All in all it's a been the perfect day off, with the focus firmly on myself.

Congrats to all of you on your own efforts.

Accept what is,
Let go of what was
and have faith in what will be.
Stripey77

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 06:28:44 PM »

Ha ha! I see pizza has featured heavily today!  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

Accept what is,
Let go of what was
and have faith in what will be.
WoundedBibi

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 06:56:45 PM »

Rats! No pizza, no adult beverage since it doesn't go with my medication, sunshine but too cold to sit on my balcony (and I can't sit properly yet on a chair without upholstery), not strong enough yet to go outside on my own, but I still feel I had a good day  Smiling (click to insert in post)

As I wrote somewhere else I was able to shower standing up for the first time in 7 months (ok, it wasn't a long shower but still), I was able to stand and potter around long enough to do a bit of sweeping and mopping (even cleaning gets attractive when you can't do it) even if it was only 3 square meters, and a had a friend/colleague come visit me for an hour to get my work laptop up and running so I can start on my reintegration from home.
Herodias

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2016, 07:04:54 PM »

Spent the day taking pictures... .Very fun and relaxing! Yes to pizza, Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)
HurtinNW

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2016, 09:39:55 PM »

I went to the gym and had two very long walks with my new puppy  Smiling (click to insert in post) so I am pleasantly tired now. My kids are here, the house sounds warm and filled with love. Oldest son is off buying groceries, other kids are in the family room laughing fit to kill. It's lovely outside and the world truly is beautiful. I've been treating myself too, and later I'm going to watch a movie in bed with popcorn lavished with butter.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest