Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 20, 2024, 03:36:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: my wife  (Read 364 times)
wishingfortime
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: married

« on: November 12, 2020, 12:22:58 AM »

My wife has been badly depressed for many years and on and off anti-depressants all her life due to sexual abuse as a child. She has been a binge drinker and will often drink until she is unconscious
She has attempted to take her life 3 times and was committed on the last occasion and diagnosed with borderline personality disorder.
Earlier on this year she wanted to find her abuser and prosecute him. We tried and failed through the police. None of her family supported her, in fact the opposite was true.
This led to an increase in alcohol consumption and arguments, often drinking large quantities of neat vodka and hiding empty bottles around the house.
6 weeks ago she left in the middle of the night, took our dog, and left me a note saying she was leaving and didnt want me to contact, she wanted to find herself and get over her trauma. I havnt heard from her since (she's blocked all forms of communication).
Finding it really tough right now. Not all her fault, we havnt been getting along very well the past few months due to lockdown, but I really need closure. Or should I just give up
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Naughty Nibbler

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 06:03:26 PM »

Hi wishingfortime - Welcome:

I'm sorry about what's going on with your wife.
Quote from: wishingfortime
My wife has been badly depressed for many years and on and off anti-depressants all her life due to sexual abuse as a child. Earlier on this year she wanted to find her abuser and prosecute him. We tried and failed through the police.  
It's easy to understand that sexual abuse can be a source of mental health issues.  At some point, a person has to change the repeating script in their head and move on. It sounds like she thought that if she was able to bring charges against her abuser, that life would magically change for the better. Do think that she would magically get better, if she was able to successfully bring charges against her abuser?

She has attempted to take her life 3 times and was committed on the last occasion and diagnosed with borderline personality disorder.      

I suspect that she may have been dealing with some additional mental health issues that result from brain wiring and/or brain chemistry.  Does anyone on her side of the family have any type of mental health issue?  

At what age did her sexual abuse occur and who was the abuser?  How much talk therapy has she had?  Why aren't her parents on her side regarding this?  Don't they believe she was abused?

6 weeks ago she left in the middle of the night, took our dog, and left me a note saying she was leaving and didnt want me to contact, she wanted to find herself and get over her trauma. I haven't heard from her since (she's blocked all forms of communication).

Finding it really tough right now. Not all her fault, we havnt been getting along very well the past few months due to lockdown, but I really need closure. Or should I just give up    

Does anyone in her family know where she is?  If she really wants to find herself, she could really use a good therapist.  A therapist could help her change her ruminating thoughts about abuse, change the script in her head, and get on with her life.  

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest