Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 15, 2024, 05:27:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions on BPD's?  (Read 353 times)
Climbmountains91

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Single

« on: February 08, 2014, 08:19:36 AM »

Does anyone one else's BPD's "always want to be alone"?

I get it all the time and it drives me insane, so we see each other twice a week, not even that but sometimes when he tells me he wants to be alone (lock himself away got on stupid computer games and Xbox to escape the world and forget everything in his words) I always find out the next time he talks to me he's been with his friends. Is he trying to tell me something? or am I just not great company? He really can't keep doing this because when our beautiful 8 month old daughter gets older this will have an affect on her, i.e. if he says he wants to be alone and then she will be asking questions "why doesn't daddy want to spend time with me".

As above I said we have a beautiful 8 month old daughter, since the birth he's changed so much for the worst. Before she was born we had a long distance relationship, I lived in Birmingham he lives in Derby which is where I live now, we live separately, but he used to always beg me to come to his, stay as long as I want and I always used to be like "but I know sometimes you want your alone time" but he said "well I need to work on it cause its not right and that's my problem" But then she was born and now he's still to this day finding it hard to come to terms with being a father because he says he just worries about her all the time and he can't help it cause he worries like everyone. she's a healthy, happy thriving baby, I don't get what the deal is with this, we all worry about our loved ones but not to the extreme sitting at home making ourselves ill which he's doing. He can only be around her a certain amount of time cause it stresses him out. He says he knows his a crap dad, he doesn't trust himself with her, he's doesn't think he can do it, because he hates himself so much but every single day he looks at pictures of her and tells me he loves her with all his heart, it brings tears to his eyes thinking about her. He doesn't really provide much for her, ok he does but its like once a month, he says I get money from the government for her so its my problem :/ the money aspect isn't really the big problem I just thought I'd mention it. I just wanna him and support him but I don't know how, everythings my fault.

I'm at a loss, what do I do or is it a case of nothing I can do?

RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Climbmountains91

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Single

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 06:07:57 AM »

bump
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest