Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 17, 2024, 04:00:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Movie line - just popped into my head  (Read 465 times)
cal644

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: April 28, 2013, 06:31:08 AM »

I kinda posted yesterday how my wife was hanging out with her family at our daughters softball tourneyment (she used to despise her family).  This morning for some reason a line from Star Wars return of the Jedi came into my mind where Luke tells Leia that the force is strong in her family.  I feel like going to my stbex and saying "mental illiness, BPD, is strong in your family - your father has it, your sister has it, both sides of your family have it - and you have it!".  What I find funny is how she used to say how messed up both sides of her family were - now they are the best in the world who are the only "The true people who love me for me".  and the people who were the ones who truly showed her what true healthy love was (me and my family) are now scum who never cared about her.
Whichwayisup

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 08:15:15 AM »

Hey cal644,

The hard part is that, this will always be the case with their family; we cannot and should not change that, just move along as there's nothing more to see here - don't we need to concentrate on strengthening our family force of adult emotional response and understanding, for the sake of the kids (that's what is keeping me strong atm.

The frustration is that we can see both side now and they can't face to look at the 'dark side'.  Sure we also have a dark side but I suggest no where near as powerful or destructive by comparison, but dark nonetheless and to take the analogy further sometimes it seems our SO are from the outer universe... .  We know the truth and the power of their force and we know know to avoid coming into contact with it.

Whichwayisup
BrewCrew17

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 04:53:54 PM »

This is EXACTLY what I have experienced with me ex. She did not associate with her family for the time we were together, claiming she resented them for certain things they had done to over the course of the last couple years. Since our break up, they talk regularly. It is like she replaced me with her family. She did not let her young daughter talk to her mother. Now, she lets her daughter talk to her mom all the time. Wish I had an explanation for this one. Bizarre behavior. Thoughts?
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest